X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, good luck with that.

"Yeah... good luck with that."

Ok not what I said cos I don't want to be yelled at or fired for being a bitch to customers but... what I was thinking alright.

BatteryMan's issue... He bought two different Toshibas on the same day and one of them has a dying battery and the computer is only 3 months old. He had <ourstore> warranty on one Toshiba BUT not the one he brought in.

That plays a part... cos if he has <our store> warranty I could have simply ordered him a battery and had it shipped to his house and it'd be there within 5 days. I'd even go as far as to request they use the manufacturer's part and not a knockoff (cos I always request that).

But, no warranty so I can only ship it to the service center. OR he can contact Toshiba.

BatteryMan was NOT happy with this. You see he claimed he had <our store> warranty on it. Except I reprinted the receipts for BOTH computers (2 diff transactions) and only one had it. I even checked to see if he came back to buy it later but nothing. (you have up until the end of the return period to change your mind and purchase <our store> warranty, provided you don't break it of course).

So his parting remark... was that he was going to go "get his money back!" because of our "bad service"...

O_o

Yeah. Good luck with that.

It's outside the return window, BatteryMan.
    And not only can I NOT pull a battery out of my ass for you... I also cannot create a special warranty when you didn't pay for it.

So he bought both the same day, but only added warranty to one? He had denied it at the time of purchase?

Comment

My brain does not compute. Two laptops, one warranty.....duhhhh
      There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

He probably thought he could use the warranty on one to cover both by blinding you with stupidity...
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
          He probably thought he could use the warranty on one to cover both by blinding you with stupidity...
          Exactly. He probably thought that he would get by on one warranty and whichever one broke first, he would claim it on warranty, not realising that you would have records of serial numbers etc.
          There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
            So he bought both the same day, but only added warranty to one? He had denied it at the time of purchase?
            it's possible the cashier scanned the next item without letting him pick - but i have no way of telling. but even the manager would likely say "no" to putting it on now.

I mean ... he bought the computer late november (a few days after black friday). even *with* the extended holiday return period he's now in mid feb so it's out of the return window.

and it's broken. can't retroactively add <our store> warranty on stuff that's already broken.

Comment

Yeah, it has been a rather long time. And you're definitely right about not being able to put warranty on broken items.

Was just wondering because quite a few years ago back when mp3 players were just coming out, I bought two exactly the same on one bil (one for me and one for little sis). The warranty was something like 15 bucks so I said yes. A few days later, I'm organizing my papers and realize only one has warranty . Went back to get the second one. Good thing, because they both died shortly after hahaha.

Comment

Next question: Will he swap the batteries and come in with the other laptop?
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                  Not sure if that's feasible . . . even different models within the same family of laptop use different model batteries.

For example, I can't use my current Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5120 battery with another Toshiba Satellite model. The part numbers would be different, more likely than not.

Or that's my interpretation of it. I could be wrong on that.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                    Will he swap the batteries and come in with the other laptop?
                    *rolls a magic 8-ball*

"All signs point to yes"
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                      I don't think it will work that way. I mean they're both Toshibas but they were different models. (that's how i could tell one had a warranty and one didn't). the batteries don't always fit in the other models.

i mean he could use his <our store> warranty and order a parts-only for the other toshiba but there's no guarantee it'll fit the broken one

Comment

If the computer is only three months old, he should be able to contact Toshiba directly and use their warranty. It's a pain in the ass but if they are like HP, they might even have an authorized repair center.

Comment

yep. i gave him toshiba's number to call.

he just was pissed off that he wasn't going to get it fixed instantly.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            yep. i gave him toshiba's number to call.

he just was pissed off that he wasn't going to get it fixed instantly.
                            Could've told him your magic wand is in the shop along with the Magic 8-Ball.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                            X