Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between a touch of the shy and a softer, higher voice, it's a pain to deal with the drive through. I can often pitch it properly to be heard over the speaker, only to be nearly drowned out at the window. But usually all the person at the window wants is a friendly acknowledgement, which even if I can't be heard, I provide with a smile and a bob of the head in greeting. So far, no one has taken offense to it.

However, on those rare events that I can be heard, I always use my manners. Brightens days, especially mine!
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

The only thing I'd say could be "wrong" with the OP's approach is the order of the sentence. Asking for money then asking a question (even if it's just a social pleasantry) confuses the poor SCs, as they can't think of two things at the same time. Some of them have enough difficulty thinking of one thing at a time!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
      X