Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, our competitor can NOT set you up with our service!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, our competitor can NOT set you up with our service!

Where do these people come from?

SC: Yeah, I was just talking to someone and they transferred me to you. What happened?
    Note: This happens a LOT to me, my company has 3rd party offices that screen calls and then transfer them, many times without warning, here to the sales dept
    ME: Good question, the address you gave me doesn't have any new information saved, so I'll be more than happy to finish getting you set up. If I could get your name and phone number?
    SC: Sure, it's WhoNeedsLogic, 503-555-5555, and the person at *Your Competitor* said that I wuold get better rates than you could give me if I signed up for your service with him.
    Me: Wait...you were talking to someone at *Competiing cable/phone/internet*?
    SC: Yeah, so if you don't have the info I have to call them again, right?
    Me: Actually, no...they can't offer our services, they're our main competition in the state.
    SC: Nooooo. THEY said that they were setting me up with YOUR service, so obviously you need to learn your job better!
    I'll spare you the next 5 minutes of me telling her that our competitors can't offer our services, and her going "nuh uh! They can too!" Like a 5 year old, but I finally ended up telling her "Okay then, have a nice day" when she said she was going to call them back.

The stupid, it hurts my brain cells and may have lowered my sperm count...
    Last edited by Redbeard; 02-25-2012, 06:20 PM.

Mr. Spock has gone off to get drunk.

What kind of person thinks a company will help out its competitor??

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post

Well, I had a guy tell me that our newspaper could make money by having customers who also use craigslist mention OUR publication in their craigslist ad. When I pointed out that craigslist competes with our website and they wouldn't go for that, he shut up.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

By "your" service, maybe she just meant cable/internet/whatever in general?

Whoops, forgot where I was again.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          By "your" service, maybe she just meant cable/internet/whatever in general?

Whoops, forgot where I was again.

Nope, she was giving our company by name. I tried to tell her that the whole thing was screwy, but you know how SC's tend to ignore reality

Comment

I have been known to send Royal Pain In The Ass customers to our direct competitors.

Comment

Happened at DaddyJim's all the time. People would ask us for the phone number for other DaddyJim's stores -- no problem, even if it was a different owner. But then others would ask us for the number to Pizza Slut or Rectangle's...Even if we knew (hey, even we couldn't eat our own stuff all the time!), we played ignorant.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

You gotta wonder what happens after the call, when they call the competition back and either admit defeat or try using the same technique on them, sending them into an endless loop.

Comment

They eventually get distracted by something shiny. Unfortunately, it's not in the street with plenty of motorcars going by.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    But then others would ask us for the number to Pizza Slut or Rectangle's...Even if we knew (hey, even we couldn't eat our own stuff all the time!), we played ignorant.
                    Since you're in Da Big Easy, maybe you can give them the competition's phone number to a location in Chicago or Boston.

(Inspired by another post in this forum where someone in Boston somehow ordered pizza for delivery from a store in Chicago.)
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

We've been tempted on occasion, believe me >_> Thing is, Corporate is sufficiently spineless that this may result in them getting a pack of free cards if we did.

I also really loved when people in another (DaddyJim's) store's delivery zone would call us and get PISSED that we don't deliver to them. The accusations of WHYYYYYYYYY would then fly, but let's not go into that here, OK? ^_^;> They don't seem to comprehend that those zones -- at least, with us -- are defined by contract. Delivering to another store's customers could get us fined at the very least, and get our franchise license pulled if it becomes a repeated issue.
                      Last edited by EricKei; 03-02-2012, 09:19 PM.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

someone who's sick of dealing with a customer and wants to pawn the onto someone else entirely?

and I see from Grumpy's reply... I'm not the only one who's thought of that.

Comment

Quoth Grumpy View Post
                          I have been known to send Royal Pain In The Ass customers to our direct competitors.
                          When explaining my tax chain's process, I add that if you [the customer] want shenanigans, patriotic sounding rival is across diagonal and Green Sqaure is in the strip mall two signals away. Let them deal with the scammers, or scammer wannabees.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

After we merged with our biggest competitor we found out that they'd been regularly sending high maintenance SCs our way.

Couldn't really complain. We'd been doing the same thing.
                            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                              After we merged with our biggest competitor we found out that they'd been regularly sending high maintenance SCs our way.

Couldn't really complain. We'd been doing the same thing.
                              That's the problem with buying out the competition. There's no one left to send the high maintenance SCs to.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X