Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't want to alarm you, but there may be a boogie man or boogie men in the hotel.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to alarm you, but there may be a boogie man or boogie men in the hotel.

I checked a lady in just a couple hours ago. And holy fuck is she insane. And not the over the top ranting and yelling kind either. This is the batshit paranoid type.

She hung out in my lobby for a half hour before deciding to go back to her room. She left the room in the first place because she thought she heard someone under her bed. She asked me to go up and check. She waited in the hall on the third floor while I went in the room to check just to humor her.

The thing is, there are baseboards all around that reaches to the floor. The bed is too heavy to lift and crawl under. When I told her I checked for people under the bed, she kind of questioned me.

Me: There's no anyone CAN get under. It's solid all around.

Then on her way back down, she thought she heard someone in the hall. I heard no one at all.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Ugh. I hate those types. ACW had one while she was working night audit...she said the guy called down every fifteen minutes telling her someone was trying to get into his room. Of course, no one was in the area around his door. It didn't help that this guy was drunker than a skunk.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I would be so tempted to go "Huh? Ohhh yeah, you mean Vergil! He's harmless. Died about 200 years ago in a train wreck, he pops up here from time to time. Just ignore him and he'll leave you alone after he realizes you don't want to play."
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

You could've offered her earplugs...but then she'd probably start seeing things instead of hearing things. I do like EricKei's answer to it though! Haha!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I swear, it's only because of you that I've connected Link to the Simpsons for so many years (ETA: well...no more than 3 and half I guess..but still).
          Last edited by Lachrymose; 03-02-2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

"Well, most of the original staff knows about the twelfth floor; the disturbances, I mean. But it's been quiet for years! Up until two weeks ago. It was never, ever this bad, though!"

"We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
              "Well, most of the original staff knows about the twelfth floor; the disturbances, I mean. But it's been quiet for years! Up until two weeks ago. It was never, ever this bad, though!"

Sounds like you've got a Class-5 Full Roaming Vapor...
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                Sounds like you've got a Class-5 Full Roaming Vapor...
                ...He slimed me...
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ask her, "So, who ya gonna call??" and start up a tape of the Ghostbusters theme song ...

Comment

You nail the windows shut; I'll get the gun!
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And cue the Real Ghostbusters cartoon where the guys take on the Boogieman...who had some history with Egon...
                      Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Then on her way back down, she thought she heard someone in the hall. I heard no one at all.
                        Wait!!?? They thought they heard a guest in a hotel hallway? Teh horrors!

Comment

"Oh yeah, you should come back next week, the guys from Ghost Hunters are going to be here taping for an upcoming show...heh heh, good old Vergil..."
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I once had a guest who said someone was shinning lasers through the walls. He gave me several names to see if those people were staying there because they would be the ones doing it. Of course they were not staying there. About 1AM he packed up and left, guess he couldn't take it anymore. I love it when problem guest leave on their own.
                            "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Comment

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite, because there are literally thousands of them... Oh, and there's probably something in you closet.
                              http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Working...
                              X