This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time for everything

Hello everyone. I've been lurking for a while, but haven't posted much. I got a story I just had to tell though. Now I've spent most of my life working in retail, (including the last decade at wallyworld) and I've had some good ones but this one takes the cake. It comes from my wife.

[background]My wife is the manager type working at one of those big box stores. I won't tell you which one because she's worried about getting in trouble.

Anyway like I said my wife is one of those manager types that works in one of those box stores. Now this particular big box store has very high ceilings and in whomever built the place decided it would be a good idea to put things that require batteries on said high ceiling. Things that beep like a smoke alarm that needs a new battery, only louder.[/background]

Now, yesterday one of said bjects starts beeping, so my wife heads to try and do something about it. Unfortunately, she finds out there is nothing she can do right then because there is no one working in the store that can run the piece of equiptment nnecessary to fix it. While she is figuring out what to do , a young boy approaches her and askes where the sports whistles are. He's about 8 or 9 (thats important). So she takes him to them and helps him pick one out. He thanks her and goes on his way.

A few minutes later, while she is still trying to fix the beeping, she hears a shrill whistle going off a few isles over. As she listens for a moment she realizes said whistling is in time with the beeping.

Beep Beepbeep, shrill whistle. Beep beep beep whistle.

My wife ges to check it out and if you think you've guest it, your wrong. Its the kids MOTHER thats blowing the whistle. The following conversation ensues.

DW - Da wife
    SC - if you don't know this one your on the wrong site.

DW 'Maam is there some wrong? Do you need help?' *thinking maybe the woman is in distress and needs assistance.

SC: 'You can turn that noise off!!!'

DW: 'I'm sorry ma'am but I can't at this time, I have no one here to do so.'

SC: 'YOU MEAN I HAVE TO SHOP WITH THAT GOING OOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!'

DW: 'Unfortunately yes. Atm the moment there is nothing I can do.'

SC: 'WELL FINE I DIDN'T WANT THIS STUFF ANYWAY, I'LL SHOP ELSEWHERE.'

The woman then shoves her cart at my wife and throws the whistle at her. Unfortunately she still has the packaging clutched in a SCkungfugrip. So my wife takes her cart and follows her up front to get the packaging. She does as the woman goins to the service desk, probably to complain. While this is going on, her son track down my wife and apologizes:

"I'm sorry about my mom and how she is acting. She's usually not this much of a b*tch."

It's sad when even your kid recogizes your SC behavior.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

This woman sounds like my fiance's ex-wife, or her doppleganger!!!
      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        Actually, we should probably be glad when that happens. We should encourage it. Awareness is rare in the offspring of SCs, and generally passed on.
        Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

That kid must have an awesome dad or some other adult in his life, cause he sure didn't learn his ever-so-nice ways from the mom.

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Update:

Apparently my wife was right. the SCW did complain and her boss backed my wife up all the way, telling the lady the same thing my wife did.

out

Comment

I officially love that kid!!!! OK, he was a little naughty but in all the right ways
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                I'd prefer that to them not seeing anything wrong with it, and behaving the same way themselves! It shows there's still hope for the world!
                "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

Kind of makes you wonder what SC would say if she knew her own kid was calling her out on her bulls**t

Comment

Quoth Rainman View Post
                    Kind of makes you wonder what SC would say if she knew her own kid was calling her out on her bulls**t
                    Actually, that's a scary thought. Somehow, I get the feeling it wouldn't be pretty.
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                      Actually, that's a scary thought. Somehow, I get the feeling it wouldn't be pretty.
                      Well. . . yeah good point. Maybe he could leave the b*t*h part out?
                      Last edited by MadMike; 03-12-2012, 11:56 PM. Reason: Removed fratching comment

Comment

Quoth Rainman View Post
                        Well. . . yeah good point. Maybe he could leave the b*t*h part out?
                        why teach him to lie?

Comment

Quoth Rodimal View Post
                          "I'm sorry about my mom and how she is acting. She's usually not this much of a b*tch."
                          My guess is that the kid has heard the comment a number of times from his dad, which means that mommy is usually that much of a bitch.
                          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                          HR believes the first person in the door
                          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                          Document everything
                          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                          X