Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC was furious, outraged, sick with anger!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• earl colby pottinger
    replied
    Don't forget the SCs who will dial long-distance or extra-charge phone numbers that will rack up your bill or chew thru your pre-allocated minutes like there is no tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Merriweather
    replied
    Let's see, should I hand over something small, expensive and portable, full of personal information, to a person I've never seen in my life.....

Decisions, decisions.

Same standard answer I would have given a person knocking on my door saying their car broke down back in the olden days of land lines - if it's an emergency (911) or even semi-emergency (tow truck, etc) tell me the number and I'll make the call for you. Otherwise, the nearest pay phone is... Strangers are not asked into my house, nor given expensive objects not tied down, LOL.

Leave a comment:

• PepperElf
    replied
    Me: I'm afraid I don't feel comfortable with people I don't know knowing my number.
    I don't mind letting customers use the work phone since our number is public information anyway but... if it was my own cell phone then I'd just tell them the truth...

"Sorry I don't have it." I keep my phone locked in the car while I'm at work.

Leave a comment:

• Seshat
    replied
    It's one thing to ask for the use of a phone to call emergency - or for the other person to call emergency. Heck, I'd call a police non-emergency line for someone at need.

But not a random number.

Leave a comment:

• NateTheChops
    replied
    What a sad world we live in when people won't even trust complete strangers with their cellpones. I mean seriously Hero, what if I needed your car? Why wouldn't you just hand your keys over to me inspite of the fact that I don't drive and you're not insured to let me drive it?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Hero
    started a topic SC was furious, outraged, sick with anger!

SC was furious, outraged, sick with anger!

I've always wanted to work this quote into one of my posts. Anyways, on to the story. Short one today.

SC comes in asking to use our phone.

SC: Do you have a phone I can borrow? I might get a room here.
    Me: I'm sorry we don't have a public phone?
    SC: Could you let me use your phone as a friend? As a friend? I don't even know you!
    Me: I'm afraid I don't feel comfortable with people I don't know knowing my number.
    SC: They won't know your number. I'm just trying to call my dad. Then unless he has a landline w/o caller ID, HE will know my number.
    Me: There's a payphone just a five minute walk down the street.
    SC: Forget it then. It's not worth it to get a room.

You're right. You're not worth the $80 that our hotel could have gotten.
Working...
X