Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC was furious, outraged, sick with anger!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desk clerk knows all
    replied
    One of my co-workers once had a guy come in off the street and said he had an emergency and needed to call the police, so he handed him our cordless phone and the guy ran off with it, like it was going to do him a lot of good when he got away from the base. The cops found him and got our phone back though.

Leave a comment:

• PepperElf
    replied
    Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
    I lost a friend over my droid. She wanted me to let her 4 year old play one of my games while we were in the grocery store. She wasn't that good of a friend anyhow, she let her kid kick my cats while telling me that the cats would teach her kid to be gentle because they had claws.
    doncha know it's your job to keep her offspring occupied?

cos you know children of that age are always careful with their toys. cos that's what it is to them. a toy.

as for the cats... my oldest nephew was maybe 3 or 4 when he kicked the cat for the first - and last - time. Mom spanked him right then and there. Which is why it was also the last time he ever kicked the cat.

Leave a comment:

• Merriweather
    replied
    Quoth Mytical View Post
    First .. @Merriweather. There are some great posts on CS..and I rarely comment on them..but that .. that was a great post. Just had to say that.
    Awwww, you made my day

Leave a comment:

• VenomX
    replied
    Where I work we use to let people use the phone. Then they started making calls to get drugs brought to them or to ask if it was ok to come over to buy the drugs. Then we would get call backs asking for the person. Sorry but nope no more using the phone unless its to call 911 and WE call 911 and hand the phone to you.

Had a prostitute ask me to use the phone the other night. I told her we wasn't allowed to use it other than to call 911. She then asked to use my cell. Uh I looked at her and told her no f'ing way. I paid $400 for that phone and no way anyone but ME was going to touch it. I don't even let family touch it.

Leave a comment:

• BroSCFischer
    replied
    Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    I've always wanted to work this quote into one of my posts. Anyways, on to the story. Short one today.

SC comes in asking to use our phone.

SC: Do you have a phone I can borrow? I might get a room here.
    Me: Well, we do have phones in the rooms that you can use. If it's long distance though, we do charge for those, and require a CC or cash deposit. Let me just see a Driver's License, and will this be cash or credit?

SC

Leave a comment:

• Slave to the Phone
    replied
    I lost a friend over my droid. She wanted me to let her 4 year old play one of my games while we were in the grocery store. She wasn't that good of a friend anyhow, she let her kid kick my cats while telling me that the cats would teach her kid to be gentle because they had claws.

Leave a comment:

• DGoddessChardonnay
    replied
    Quoth Merriweather View Post
    Let's see, should I hand over something small, expensive and portable, full of personal information, to a person I've never seen in my life.....

Decisions, decisions.

Same standard answer I would have given a person knocking on my door saying their car broke down back in the olden days of land lines - if it's an emergency (911) or even semi-emergency (tow truck, etc) tell me the number and I'll make the call for you. Otherwise, the nearest pay phone is... Strangers are not asked into my house, nor given expensive objects not tied down, LOL.
    I will give you my quick answer on that decision . . .

HELL to the NO.

I don't mind calling 911 for someone, but letting them use my impossibly-expensive to replace (and long awaited) little pink iPhone to call whatever random number ain't happening in this life or on this planet.

If I'm a bitch, okay. At least I'm a bitch who still has her phone on her hip.

Leave a comment:

• Solumina
    replied
    Letting them use your phone means that they will be rubbing their face all over said phone, now you can always wipe it down but depending on your phone stuff gets in grooves and actually sanitizing it can be difficult, so then when you go to use it you may as well be rubbing their face on yours.

*ick*

Leave a comment:

• Syriilord
    replied
    Earl makes a good point. The SC didn't say that it was a local call to their "father", so they might have ended up costing you a fortune.

Leave a comment:

• Mytical
    replied
    First .. @Merriweather. There are some great posts on CS..and I rarely comment on them..but that .. that was a great post. Just had to say that.

Now..I am far too trusting..I will admit it. Half the things people cautioned about (and correctly) never even crossed my mind. So..good advice to follow.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Hero
    replied
    Quoth MoonCat View Post
    Or who they're really going to call. Could be planning to threaten somebody or do something else stupid and/or illegal, and then the record of that call would be on your phone. How could you prove it wasn't you that made the call?
    Yikes I hadn't even thought about that! My main concern last night was that if a stranger had my number, he could make harassing calls to me.

Leave a comment:

• MoonCat
    replied
    Quoth Bright_Star View Post
    I wouldn't let a stranger use my phone. You have no idea what kind of damage they might have in mind to do.
    Or who they're really going to call. Could be planning to threaten somebody or do something else stupid and/or illegal, and then the record of that call would be on your phone. How could you prove it wasn't you that made the call?

Leave a comment:

• Bright_Star
    replied
    I wouldn't let a stranger use my phone. You have no idea what kind of damage they might have in mind to do.

Leave a comment:

• Sapphire Silk
    replied
    I can't believe the chutzpah of people who think it's OK to demand (he really wasn't asking) to use the expensive electronic device that comes with an expensive monthly service plan of other people.

Even if the person has a cheap throwaway cell, it's still an expense that has to be metered carefully by the owner.

Admittedly, many cellphones can block their own number for outgoing calls. But that's not the point.

A stranger will get my cellphone out of my stone dead cold fingers and no other way.

Leave a comment:

• Solacelawlz
    replied
    I agree with nate you shoulda given them your phone, your wallet, your keys, ne offshore accounts and hell might as well throw in your social for kicks and giggles haha

Yea seshat i agree, emergency is one thing, calling randoms another. and def wouldn't just hand over my phone while im behind a counter so that person could potentially just run off with it -_- also find it very funny that they might get a $80 room but won't go use a $.50-$2 payphone haha

I woulda been like hey if you get that room you'll have a phone =) lmao

Leave a comment:

Working...
X