This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hype - Good Googily Moogily....!

Figured it was bout time I gave a glimpse into a day of The Hype Masta...

Sorry wrong number... I'm not I.T. -_-

SC: Hey I need IT... this IT department right?
    Me: Hello, sorry you have wrong number, IT is "this #" this is "yada yada" engineering.
    SC: Okay well I have you now so you can just help me, I mean you're an engineer you know computer crap right?

(This is about the time I did this http://nooooooooooooooo.com/ irl cause I HATE technical support crap and I should have said no, but me being the person I am....)

Me: Um.. well I'm pretty busy but sure if it's something quick. What's the issue?
    SC: Well my floppy drive don't work and idk what to do.
    Me: Are you sure the floppy you have works and the drive was installed right? Take me step by step what you did and what you see on the screen. /sigh
    SC: Um... yea I used the floppy on another computer and I guess IT said they did. I put the floppy into the slot and it went in but "the slot is bigger than usual and I can't get the floppy back" *key phrase there*.
    Me: Hrm... (at this point I'm cause I think I know what the deal is) Ma'am is the slot you put the floppy through big enough to fit a finger or 2?
    SC: Yes.
    Me: Can you look in the slot and see the inside of the computer?
    SC: Yes, oh wait I see the floppy inside at the bottom...
    Me: -_- I'm laughin so hard inside right now! trying not to laugh out loud. (she has put a floppy into an open bay on the computer and it's fallen inside just sitting on the bottom, she doesn't even have a floppy drive installed!)

*Now thing's take a turn for the worse*

Me: Ma'am it sounds like you don't have a floppy drive installed you'll need to call IT and they'll be able to give you one I'm sure.
    SC: Ah yea guess you're right, but wait can you just send me one since I got you on the phone and you know the issue.
    Me: Um... Ma'am we don't have that equipment, IT will have to give you one, I'm sorry.
    SC: Yea, you are sorry. Well your department sux, ya'll aren't good for anything and you haven't helped me at all. You haven't fixed my problem and I even looked in there and saw it was on the bottom myself so you really have just wasted my time....

*At the point she says that with such a horrible attitude I'm seeing red and black and I want to pimp slap her through the phone for wasting my time when this isn't even my damn job...*

Me: Well Ma'am in all honesty I figured I was being pretty nice helping you even though this isn't my job, and you wouldn't have *wasted* your time if you would have taken my initial advice to call IT. *Grinning* Sorry my help wasn't to your liking, but you have fun talking to IT now. *click*

*So glad I don't have to deal with retarded people and technical support ne more*

Give em the stick, Give em the stick....Doooon't give em the stick!

*The below is actually the cause of a post I made in 'workday phrases of lore and legend' in general work chat. The guy below used to be lead before; they gave me his position*

Special K: Dude, We need to do that stuff with those circuit boards, switches and *yada yada*.
    Me: Okay, yea let's go ahead and knock that out.

*Keep in mind I'm new to this position at the time, my first week, so he's supposed to be showing me the ropes of how they do specific things*

Special K: Okay we're gonna do some simple wiring and configuration first, plug this there, do this, plug this there, yada yada *technical crap*. Hrm.. this one is tricky.... plug it in there?

(I try to be nice as possible since this my first week and this guy been here 4 yrs; people sometimes get pissed fast when newbies come in adding their 2 cents)

Me: Um.. I don't think that goes there becaue of *yada yada* and could cause malfunction, short circuit or meltdown.
    Special K: Ah, well you might be right but we won't know till we try.
    Me: Um.. what? (I'm thinking this guy is rather strange, since you don't want that effect and I have a good idea it's gonna happen)
    Special K: I've been here for a while so I have expertise and it'll be ok just do what I say.
    Me: Okay so for sure plug it in here?
    Special K: You hard on hearing now? Yes, Put it in there, yes right there...perfect fit, wait no no pull it out pull it out..... shit you made it explode.
    Me: Um.. you told me to put that there I said that might happen...
    Special K: Dude wtf you're in trouble that's bad...
    Me:

I'll have more to share laterz, our actual clients can be even more ridiculous than the above...

Quoth Solacelawlz View Post
    SC: Yea, you are sorry. Well your department sux, ya'll aren't good for anything and you haven't helped me at all. You haven't fixed my problem and I even looked in there and saw it was on the bottom myself so you really have just wasted my time....

*At the point she says that with such a horrible attitude I'm seeing red and black and I want to pimp slap her through the phone for wasting my time when this isn't even my damn job...*
    Yep, another case of the all too frequent "from zero to suck in 5 seconds" type...I get them a lot. It's like they take their speed right before the call and it kicks in shortly after they've managed to act like decent human beings for a minute or two...
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Maybe you can go over Special K's head and question their credentials to their supervisor after what just happened.

Comment

"No, SpecialK, you are in trouble. You are supposed to be training me, I followed your orders, and damage occurred. Guess who will be in more trouble - the person here a week, doing what he's told to do by his trainer, or the person here for 4+ years who should have known better?"

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
          Maybe you can go over Special K's head and question their credentials to their supervisor after what just happened.
          I think it was an old story since he replaced Special K. (Although now I understand why his name was Special K. )

I had a boss (Chief Warrant Officer) try that on me back in the Navy. Only it was wrapping a fuse with tin foil and putting it back in a non-vital circuit.

I flat out refused. As I expected, nothing happened to me over it. Electrical safety is a big thing in the Navy and his idea was the exact opposite.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            I think it was an old story since he replaced Special K. (Although now I understand why his name was Special K. )
            Durrr!!! This is what I get for reading and replying when I'm tired.

Comment

lol it's ok.
              i often make similar mistakes... but not because i'm tired... usually it's because i'm too lazy to read entire threads before replying. heh

Comment

Okay, I tracked down where I'd heard that before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu51vkm0SuQ

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                  It's like they take their speed right before the call and it kicks in shortly after they've managed to act like decent human beings for a minute or two...
                  I couldn't agree more!! I believe that's exactly what happened with that crazy chick! Was so shocking cause I thought she was gonna be a decent one... wrong... wrong!! I still can't believe she put a floppy disk into an empty bay slot, watched it fall to the bottom of the computer and assumed it would work -_- she didn't sound that old. haha prolly 20s or 30 I would guestimate.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  Yes!! after the incident come to find out he was already on his way out the door. Higher ups had been planning his removal and they gave me some background on him and his nickname "Special K" cause he definitely is special, and not the good way! But yea I eventually got promoted to his position, and beyond, so all is well, cept for a few crazy clients I wish I could replace. I sadly have to deal with the below types consistantly:

SC1 (who can't add, I mean like simple arithmetic, and tries to blame me for it)
                  SC2 (who can't read, and tries to blame me for it)
                  SC3 (who tries to constantly set me up with her daughter, then accuses me of being gay cause I'm not interested...)
                  SC4 (racist who complains about everything, or finds something to complain about)

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  Okay, I tracked down where I'd heard that before...]
                  lmao yes you're totally right!! My friends and I watched tons of those back in college, the good ol' days!!! I love all those. Think my fave is the kid catching the football and getting hit and the guy says "Nice catch blonco nino, too bad your ass got saaaaaaaaaaacked!!" haha They are so ridiculous but I use those sayings and many others a lot to describe the hot garbage people I have to deal with sometimes. Customers can be sooooo sucky!!
                  Last edited by Dave1982; 03-14-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X