Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sucky part is that the SC argued with you when you explained your position. SC is stupid too, of course, but definitely sucky. Sure, if someone can find a children's toy or a dog/cat/ferret/other pet toy that is a bit more expensive but holds together better, pay a little more, but it should still be designed for the child or pet who will be using it!
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

That woman has clearly never had a dog. I'm currently trying to find a place that will give me a bulk discount on my dog's favorite victim.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

You could always lie. "Yeah, one of my friends talked me into trying that a few years ago. I spent so much time on making them, and then not a single one sold. So now I concentrate on making the products that people actually buy from me."

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post
          You could always lie. "Yeah, one of my friends talked me into trying that a few years ago. I spent so much time on making them, and then not a single one sold. So now I concentrate on making the products that people actually buy from me."
          I don't really think it's worth tarnishing my conscience for the sake of some random idiot on the internet.

Also, further conversation with this person keeps getting weirder and weirder. In response to a second explanation that toy balls really were a bad idea, they explained that they suggested it because they didn't know what a Loonakit plush was, or what they were for.

So... "I have no idea what this is" apparently results in "I know, I'll make up something and tell the person who knows everything about it what to do!"

I told them that if they didn't know, they could just have asked. Then I explained what a Loonakit was. Including (I thought) making it clear that Loonakit was MY term for this kind of thing, I actually said "Lots of people make round plushes but they call them other things, it's only a Loonakit if it's made by me."

And they responded by saying that they'd made a Loonakit once, because they'd made a round plush.

I think I'm done talking now, the conversation is getting too stupid even for me! And I'm used to talking to stupid!
          The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Stop filling up the thread with puns. If anyone keeps hemming and hawing about these things......
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
              Stop filling up the thread with puns. If anyone keeps hemming and hawing about these things......
              Unpicking the bad seams?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth spark View Post
                (I'm sorry I keep ranting about stupid stuff that's not actually that sucky here. :P )

"I recommend that this unique work of art be violently destroyed."

Hrm. No, that sounds very, very sucky to me. Especially said to the artist.

I perceive nothing to apologise for.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
                  Stop filling up the thread with puns.
                  I agree, we need a blanket-stitch ban on this nonsense!
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                    I agree, we need a blanket-stitch ban on this nonsense!
                    You're just padding the quotes.
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
                      You're just padding the quotes.
                      Just cut it out.

SC
                      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                        Just cut it out.

SC
                        I think ya'll need to zip it.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                          Just cut it out.

SC
                          Why do I hear that in Jack Benny's voice?
                          "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

A dog toy

Even assuming a person has more money than sense and wants to spend large amounts for something their little Fido will love no more than the $tree version and destroy in five minutes, it's just wrong. You don't give hand-made, specially created, fussed over and lovingly made hand-crafted art items to a dog

My Dad was a wood carver. We're talking beautiful, lifelike hand carved animals & figures. Art gallery quality, though he never sold them that way. One year our town had some sort of celebration for reaching a certain age. Way back when, it had some horse drawn trolleys. For our church's exhibit at the big festival, my Dad made a detailed working model of that - carved the horses, made the trolleys out of balsa wood. Very intricate, took him weeks.
                            Everyone loved it. After the festival, did our minister display it proudly in the church, give it to the town museum, or just give it back to my Dad? Nope. He let his two young sons play with it til it was destroyed. I don't think I've ever seen my Dad so crushed, it was a blatant insult to his talent.

And giving your little critters to a dog would be the same.

Madness takes it's toll....
                            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

^Indeed. That makes me seethe just reading it.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                                My Dad was a wood carver. We're talking beautiful, lifelike hand carved animals & figures. Art gallery quality, though he never sold them that way. One year our town had some sort of celebration for reaching a certain age. Way back when, it had some horse drawn trolleys. For our church's exhibit at the big festival, my Dad made a detailed working model of that - carved the horses, made the trolleys out of balsa wood. Very intricate, took him weeks.
                                Everyone loved it. After the festival, did our minister display it proudly in the church, give it to the town museum, or just give it back to my Dad? Nope. He let his two young sons play with it til it was destroyed. I don't think I've ever seen my Dad so crushed, it was a blatant insult to his talent.

And giving your little critters to a dog would be the same.
                                I think that's much worse. I mean, that was a total labor of love. (It doesn't sound like he got paid for it, no?) I really mostly just do this for the money. So while it would be a shame and I'd be a little sad, mostly I don't care, so long as they pay me. (I have reason to suspect some pretty indecent things have been done to certain of my costumes, actually... Long story.) So my main objection to the dog toy idea is just that I doubt there are enough people with more money than sense out there to keep me in business.

And that kind of crap is why I never do free stuff for anybody anymore. People value what they pay for.
                                The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X