Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good kid apologizes for her sucky dad (kind of long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good kid apologizes for her sucky dad (kind of long)

Our city has hosted some of the NCAA basketball games this year This has created a huge influx of customers (sucky and not). This weekend our store also had a super mega-coupon that if you're registered for our coupons, you got two in the mail (one for you, one for a friend). We also had way more people than usual paying with cash, so I had to make an emergency run to the bank mart that's in a grocery store to get change. I get back, and my co-worker, E, has a line stretching through most of our store. We only have one register, but I can at least help her check that the shoes are mates and get the line moving quickly.

I should also note that E is partially deaf in one ear, and we're having some weird issue where our AC vents are blowing air very noisily (tech is coming Monday) and of course one of them is almost right on top of us at the register.

E: Co-worker
    SD: Sucky Dad
    GK: Good Kid
    Me: Me!

E: Can I get your telephone number please?
    SD: 123-456-7890
    E: And your zip code?
    SD: 12345
    E: Would you like us to send you a coupon for your next visit?
    SD: *grumble* I guess
    E: Ok great, what's your address?
    SD: 123 Weird Name Street
    E: I'm sorry? 123 what?
    SD: WEIRD NAME
    E: I'm sorry, I still couldn't hear you, our vents are very loud.
    SD: This is why this line takes so long, I just want to cash out!!
    Me (to E): Weird Name St (whispers, don't ask for his email just finish this and get him out)
    GK: I'm sorry. He's usually not the one that takes us shopping.
    SD: Damn straight! But I always pay for it! *grumble grumble* *throws mega coupon at E* I have this too.
    Me: (after "accidentally" knocking the coupon to the ground, making it look like it was his fault). Oh, I'm so sorry, sir! We're not used to people just tossing the coupons at us! It will only be a moment longer.
    E: Your total is xx.xx.
    SD: *grumble mumble* *swipes card*
    E: Here's your receipt, have a fabulous day!!!!

We thanked the next customer for their patience, and even they said something like "what a jerk!"

On a side note, I did tell E that while I appreciated her trying to get the customer info because it's one of the many things we get rated on, when she has a long line like that, I am ok with just getting the phone number and moving on. I also told her I was proud of how she handled herself with SD. She didn't let things escalate, didn't get visibly upset, just handled him as quickly as possible and got him out of the store!

We had a similar problem at my store yesterday. We have to collect phone numbers/email addresses and whatnot, but we had two lines going halfway through the store. I think lines bring out the suckiest behaviors in customers.

Comment

Quoth NotAlBundy View Post
      GK: I'm sorry. He's usually not the one that takes us shopping.
      And for good reason.

Kudos to the Good Kid for recognizing and apologizing for her dad's suckiness. Hopefully she'll learn from her dad's mistakes and go on to be a Good Customer the rest of her life.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        And for good reason.

Kudos to the Good Kid for recognizing and apologizing for her dad's suckiness. Hopefully she'll learn from her dad's mistakes and go on to be a Good Customer the rest of her life.
        Well, I learned from watching my mom (and NOT doing as she did ), so there's a decent chance that kid will do the same.

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I have some of those coupons....I think....But no cute items to buy with them yet. Dang my big ugly feet.

Comment

Hey, NotAlBundy, we work at the same store!! Well, not the same exact one but I work for the same company as you.

Comment

Working...
            X