Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tow Tow Tow Your Car, Gentley Down the Street....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandman
    replied
    Well in my case.. there were more than enough Staff lots... heck they had more spots than staff!

Leave a comment:

• Sapphire Silk
    replied
    At the school where I teach, faculty/staff can park anywhere except in Visitor Parking, including handicapped parking if they have a handicapped placard/plate.

Only faculty/staff can park in the faculty/staff lots.

Your permit is a hunting permit, not a guaranteed spot. If I get to campus after 8am, I usually have to park in student parking, sometimes quite a hike from my building.

When I was a student, there were separate lots each with its own permit. You could only park in the lots with your color permit. Your color was based on your housing area (theoretically most colors were close the their housing units) with one lot for commuters, and another lot for faculty. I actually worked for Campus Police; my job was to keep non-faculty out of the faculty and visitor lots. If a student ignored me, I'd call campus police who'd issue them a ticket and/or tow.

Leave a comment:

• Sandman
    replied
    Quoth Panacea View Post
    Campus police can and will take your parking permit if you're not actually entitled to park in faculty/staff lots or in the handicapped lots. But they only check if the person parking gives them reason to think they shouldn't be parking: ie, teenie bopper parking in a faculty space.
    I actually had to go to Campus Police as someone was parked in the student lot with a Facility and Staff permit. It was a student who was borrowing their parent's car, who happened to work there. I mentioned it to the guard in our lot (when I was a student) and they didn't do anything. I brought it up at the next student government meeting (since I was a rep.) and I found out a week later that the guard and the staff member got a talking to about parking in the correct lot (there is a lot more parking permits issued than parking spots).

Leave a comment:

• Lace Neil Singer
    replied
    Quoth barainga View Post
    Your good angel sounds like Wolverine... so whos your bad angel? Sabretooth?
    Lol, that's what I was thinking, too. XD

In the town where I work and live, there is NO free parking. All car parks are owned by the council. However, that doesn't stop people asking in the petrol station if we know of any free car parks... the triumph of hope over experience, I guess. Or parking in said council car park, getting a ticket then going to Customer Services to bitch about said ticket; only to be informed that they have to go to the council offices. XD And to think, that ticket could have been avoided if only they'd taken five minutes to read the damn sign.

Leave a comment:

• Sapphire Silk
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    In my complex, which DOES require parking permits, I would simply take the permit out of my windshield and put it in the windshield of the rental, as well as informing the front office of what I was doing. They really only check to make sure there is a valid permit there, and don't go about seeing if the permit matches the vehicle on record,.
    Ditto this. I've done the same thing when the same situation came up with my campus parking permit.

Campus police can and will take your parking permit if you're not actually entitled to park in faculty/staff lots or in the handicapped lots. But they only check if the person parking gives them reason to think they shouldn't be parking: ie, teenie bopper parking in a faculty space.

Leave a comment:

• CallCenterGirl
    replied
    Love your title. I'm sure you have some good times.

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    In my complex, which DOES require parking permits, I would simply take the permit out of my windshield and put it in the windshield of the rental, as well as informing the front office of what I was doing. They really only check to make sure there is a valid permit there, and don't go about seeing if the permit matches the vehicle on record, since they really don't care what vehicle you are using, as long as it has a valid permit, so there are not more cars than parking spaces. Well, a LOT more cars than spaces, since there ARE already more cars than spaces. One of those "first come, first serve" type deals. Which makes my "bike to work whenever possible" policy far more pleasant, since I have to deal with the parking bullshit far less than I used to.

Leave a comment:

• Sandman
    replied
    What would happen if someone's car was in the shop and they had a rental? I know one lot I just had to place a note in the window with my permit number, description of vehicle, tag number, and reason why I had a different vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• TheCheerfulTreeRat
    replied
    Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    Oooh squirrel!
    Yes? You wanted something?

Leave a comment:

• Jay 2K Winger
    replied
    Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    I believe Jay 2k could share with us his insights on squeal tires guy.
    Well, I COULD say "squeal those tires louder, I can't hear how small your dick is," but that would be immature of me.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    i'm more of an "o look! butterfly!" type myself.
    I've always been partial to the Guybrush Threepwood standby.

"LOOK! A three-headed monkey!"

Leave a comment:

• Chanlin
    replied
    Quoth barainga View Post
    I heard this excuse at the cellphone call center often. Amazing how many business people can lose hundreds or even thousands of dollars because they dont read signs and dont pay their bills one time.
    I heard this quite often myself. I typically returned with "If you own a business than you can appreciate the need to pay on time."

Leave a comment:

• barainga
    replied
    Quoth Argabarga View Post
    A COMMERCIAL EMERGENCY!!! I’M A DELIVERY DRIVER AND I’M LOSING HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS WITHOUT MY CAR!!!!
    I heard this excuse at the cellphone call center often. Amazing how many business people can lose hundreds or even thousands of dollars because they dont read signs and dont pay their bills one time.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Have you tried a Monopoly board? Well, actually, I didn’t say that. I got ever so close to saying it before that tiny little angel living on my right shoulder gave me his patented thousand-yard-stare and cocked his head as if to say “You REALLY wanna say that, huh bub?
    Your good angel sounds like Wolverine... so whos your bad angel? Sabretooth?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Hero
    replied
    I believe Jay 2k could share with us his insights on squeal tires guy.

Leave a comment:

• mikoyan29
    replied
    Quoth emax4 View Post
    I'm just curious.. I know all this helps you guys stay in business, but is there any parking for non-residents whatsoever in this big place, or there are a ton of places within a reasonable walking distance but people are careless or just idiots? If I lived there and had out-of-town relatives come by every so often, and had to always have them park further away because there was never any visitor parking, I'd complain about it or simply move. What complex allows parking for residents only but prohibits visitors of every kind unless they arrive by shuttle bus, which the complex doesn't supply?
    Given where he lives and the fact it is a college town, I would say yes but it does not just jump out at you.

Leave a comment:

• Argabarga
    replied
    Quoth emax4 View Post
    I'm just curious.. I know all this helps you guys stay in business, but is there any parking for non-residents whatsoever in this big place, or there are a ton of places within a reasonable walking distance but people are careless or just idiots? If I lived there and had out-of-town relatives come by every so often, and had to always have them park further away because there was never any visitor parking, I'd complain about it or simply move. What complex allows parking for residents only but prohibits visitors of every kind unless they arrive by shuttle bus, which the complex doesn't supply?
    They're lazy/won't plan ahead, they would rather park within ten paces of the door and risk a $115 tow than walk 4 - 8 blocks from a garage/lot where it would cost $5 - $8 to park or plan ahead and get a $3 per day pass.

I've lived in this town my entire life, and I always hear people bellyache about how there's "never any parking" and I never have had a problem finding any, so when I inquire further, turns out they want FREE parking no more than 5 steps from where they were planning on going... yeah, good luck with that.
    Last edited by Argabarga; 03-20-2012, 02:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X