X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
    you can do whatever food you want, but I want it done right on the table
    Of course, depending on funds are and how evil you're feeling, this could be rather fun.....

Turn up with a mixture of foods that you wouldn't normally even keep in the same cupboard, and slice them all up together on top of some porridge. Slop it all into bowls and bang it down in front of each guest.
    Fart loudly and say "And there's plenty more where that came from!"
    Make outrageous advances to the male guests.
    Make equally outrageous ones to the female guests.
    Blow your nose on a table napkin, gaze into it with apparent astonishment and exclaim "Look at that! No wonder I couldn't breathe!"

You get the idea.....
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Get rid of the card. If that's what she's like BEFORE she's even hired anyone, imagine what she will be like on a job.

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
        So...uh...what do I do now?
        Put the card in your wallet and keep it.

Next time someone from Amway confronts you, give them the card and tell them to call you, but you can't talk right now...

Comment

Quoth draco664 View Post

Next time someone from Amway confronts you, give them the card and tell them to call you, but you can't talk right now...
          That is EVIL! I love it!

Comment

Unless she knows who you are, do nothing.

Draco664, you are evil. Keep up the good work.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
              And honestly, you don't owe her a thing. It's not your fault she could hear past her own yammering mouth and assumptions.
              THIS! If she needs a caterer so badly, why didn't she look online or check the phone book?! Who the hell grabs someone at the grocery store to do their catering?! It's her fault for making assumptions, and we all know what happens when you ASSUME.

I just hope you never meet her again.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                Get rid of the card. If that's what she's like BEFORE she's even hired anyone, imagine what she will be like on a job.
                QFT - If she won't listen to anything you say now you know how bad she will run roughshod over you when she hires you.
                Also she might consider the privilege of working for her payment enough...
                Last edited by MournBlade; 03-23-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Just take a guess at how cheap to hire she probably thinks you are and then run away.

Don't be surprise that she expects you to do it for free, because "look at all the good contacts I got you" is her expected payment.

Comment

Nothing. You told her you can't do it, it's not your fault if she didn't want to listen. Who just hires some random person in a supermarket anyway? Just because you went to culinary school doesn't mean you can even do all of that stuff. She didn't even ask.
                    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I've got to agree with the toss it or anonymous call responses so far. The only reason I'd call and tell her "no way" would be if the chances of running into her again were high and you wanted to (try) to prevent the mouth-frothing, "How dare you deny me! You ruined my party!" temper tantrum that she'd pull.

Or, wait for that to happen and then just look at her with a quizzical expression and say "Have we met?" Either one works.

Quoth draco664 View Post

Draco, you're my new hero. That's beautiful, in a truly evil sort of way.
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Draco, I <3 you! Also works for annoying fundamentalist anythings.

And Crossbow, that "complete bafflement" tactic is so much fun, isn't it?

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                          Under no circumstances take the job! She will ride straight over you again.
                          Yup. As much as charging huge amounts of cash sounds tempting, it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Comment

Leave her a vm letting her know you have the Chiante and Fava beans all set and that all you need now is the main course.
                            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Yeah...I think I'm going to just go with the "ignore" option. I don't even want to try to anonymously talk to her again. That woman scared the hell outta me

Sad thing is, if she'd just asked me if maybe I knew someone, two of my classmates have opened up their own catering businesses that are doing real well, and I could've given her their names and she'd get someone who's really good at doing parties. (My specialty is food experimentation...coming up with new recipes, hacking restaurant recipes, new food combination, and cooking methods...not the sort of thing that applies well to someone's book club party...)
                              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Throw the card away.

Is that Eddie Riggs in your avatar, MystyGlyttyr?
                                Cast in the name of Death, Ye not living.

Comment

Working...
                                X