This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go away! (long-ish)

This happened a few days ago.. I told Mytical about it...

It was fairly quiet in the store, there was only me and one other woman on the tills. Up came this bloke, 50-ish, pomaded hair, gold jewellery, bit of a strut in the walk.... and put a can of soft drink on the counter, which I rang through. As he took his change, he looked at the little screen which shows who's serving, and commented on my name (my name is quite unusual in the UK) I just gave my usual smile and said goodbye.

A few minutes he was back again, with some potato crisps. This time he lingered a while (no queue) and started saying how nice it was to meet a friendly cashier, I had a nice smile, how long had I worked for the store? etc. Still nothing to get uneasy about as such... then another customer turned up and off he went.

Five minutes pass, he's back again. With a bar of chocolate. What kind of hours did I work? Was I going to be here till the shop closed? What kind of plans did I have for the evening? I just carried on putting the money in the till. Finally he asked was I married? Single? Seeing anyone?

I gave him back his change and receipt, saying I didn't discuss my private life at work. At which point he leaned in close (almost overpowering me with the smell of nasty cheap aftershave) and sort of leered, saying, "I bet I could give you a private life worth discussing...."

I just kind of recoiled.... Thankfully another customer, a lady who's quite a regular, came up at that moment and greeted me, and he went away. After serving the other customer, I signed out and went to find the supervisor, C, and asked could I please go and do something else for a while in case he came back again. C sent me to price stock in the back room and said he'd look for the creepy guy, but couldn't see him... Hopefully he was just passing through and not local.

Got my gentle giant Why would I want 'God's gift to women' (as the tattoo on your arm proclaimed you to be) ?
    Last edited by Marmalady; 03-31-2012, 09:38 AM.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

If he's advertising that much, he's compensating for something.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
      Why would I want 'God's gift to women' (as the tattoo on your arm proclaimed you to be) ?
      And yet another reason why, if I ever meet the dude who claims to be God, I'm going to kick him in his sacred marbles, so help me. Twice.

Besides, if you have to say or wear a sign that say you're all that and a bag of crisps, well, you ain't.

I wonder if there's any rum to put in my coffee. Must go check.
      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

As I told Marmalady..I bet I could give him something to talk about also *grins evilly*.

Of course, not that I can blame him for trying..she is very beautiful. Still I agree, if you are advertising that hard..your compensating for something. Creepy guys generally irk me, this one just a bit more then normal. Would have loved to have been able to show up behind Marm and do the stare. Might be weak as a kitten right now, but I can still look scary *grins*. Actually more so now then normal..with all my bruises I have *laughs*.

I'm rambling again right? Anyhow angel, sorry you had to deal with the creep. Your strong enough to take care of yourself, but what I wouldn't do to be there to help.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          ...show up behind Marm and do the stare...
          And say: "You rang?"

or

"Do you wish to be wrung, sir?"
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Awwww......

I must admit... so often I have sat at work wishing Myt would suddenly appear from around the corner, so nothing unusual in that, but what wouldn't I have given for him to have turned up right then...
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth dakhur View Post
              If he's advertising that much, he's compensating for something.
              Probably hasn't had a social life in the past decade, precisely because he's such a creep.

And I have to ask ... what the heck is pomade, anyway?

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                Probably hasn't had a social life in the past decade, precisely because he's such a creep.

And I have to ask ... what the heck is pomade, anyway?
                Almost like a hair wax or gel, but not quite.
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                  what the heck is pomade, anyway?
                  It's a hairstyling product, a bit like wax, only whereas wax doesn't (as a rule) make the hair appear shiny, pomade does.

Comment

Would this guy qualify as a chav?
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Ok, we need a smilie who's taking a shower, 'cause, eeeewwww!!
                      "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
                        Would this guy qualify as a chav?
                        Hmmm... borderline chav, perhaps. But mostly just the 'I'm irresistible' type.

Comment

Pomade in the ol' hairdo? Lots of (presumably tacky) gold jewelry? Not only thinks he's Gawd's gift to women, but literally advertises it? A little too inquisitive?

Yup, we have a word for that here in da Yuu Ess of Aaaaaaaaaayyyyyy, too....but this is a family website ^_^ So I'll settle for "pompous, creepy-as-all-hell greaser".
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Pomade in the ol' hairdo? Lots of (presumably tacky) gold jewelry? Not only thinks he's Gawd's gift to women, but literally advertises it? A little too inquisitive?

Yup, we have a word for that here in da Yuu Ess of Aaaaaaaaaayyyyyy, too....but this is a family website ^_^ So I'll settle for "pompous, creepy-as-all-hell greaser".
                            Elvis wannabee?
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I was picturing an 'uncool' version of Danny from Grease myself.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X