This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You must have everything I need.

We have a ton of phone chargers that people leave behind and never claim, so we keep them in a box and if a guest forgets to bring theirs we let them look through the box and see if we have one that will work with their phone. Last night I let a lady look through the box and there was not one that would work with her phone, and she was real bitchy about, as if it was our responsibility to provide her with a phone cord. I just told her there was a Best Buy across the street if she wanted to buy one.
    "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Quoth Desk clerk knows all View Post
    ...was a Best Buy across the street if she wanted to buy one.
    Don't worry about the stealth semis blasting down the road, either, dear.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Holy cow! I'd be greatful that you had them at all. The sense of entitlement some people have is staggering.

Comment

I wouldn't have even considered rummaging through the lost and found for one.. let alone complain if they didn't have the one I needed! Geeze, the sense of entitlement is strong.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
          I wouldn't have even considered rummaging through the lost and found for one.. let alone complain if they didn't have the one I needed! Geeze, the sense of entitlement is strong.
          It never would have occurred to me to ask for something like that but if I did, I wouldn't get too upset if the Hotel didn't have what I was looking for.

Comment

she's probably the kind of EW that would keep the cord if you did have it too.

Comment

That's why I keep a spare cord in my briefcase. Since I always take my laptop with me when I travel, I can always recharge my phone if I forget the charger.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

It's people like her that cause businesses to offer less and less extra services.

Why go the extra mile for customers when far too many of them demand that you go the extra 1,000 miles and do everything up to and including wiping their ass for them.

Which is something I heard at one hotel that I stayed at. The person actually demanded that someone be on hand to wipe their ass because they were some sort of important person and they were demanding it because the manager would not go the extra mile and kick out someone who had reserved a room on the non-highway side of the building so she (who had gotten there at 11pm without a reservation) could have it.

Eventually she left in a blind rage and I was able to get the room that was offered to her.

Funny thing about a lot of hotels...the glass is so thick and the AC's fan is enough of a white noise generator that you don't hear a @#$%ing thing.
                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
                  she's probably the kind of EW that would keep the cord if you did have it too.
                  that's what i'm thinking ... cos she'd think she's entitled to it.

Comment

Pretty self-entitled, hope she didn't complain to corporate or demand some kind of freebies for her inconvenience

Comment

Working...
                    X