Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.....I will definitely type them out. No more serial types, after that last fiasco. :P
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
      Would be a tie between two stories that I'd have to take a loooong time to type up, but its between the kid who frauded something like over $15k before I busted him and his pals, or this other one where I exposed a rigged contest scammer.
      Please start typing, my interest has been piqued.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
        .....I will definitely type them out. No more serial types, after that last fiasco. :P
        I don't mind serials, the intervening comments are fun to read =)
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          I don't mind serials, the intervening comments are fun to read =)
          This may be true, but it makes for rebellious keyboards.

(You, there, backspace key! I saw that look! Cooler! Eight weeks!)
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            (You, there, backspace key! I saw that look! Cooler! Eight weeks!)
            There's your problem. Keyboards are impervious to cold. Fire might work, but the single best answer is, as usual, percussive maintenance.

Keep a ballpeen hammer near the keyboard, and visible by the keyboard. Let the keys know to fear it by smashing something with it once or twice. After that, any rebellions will be quashed before they begin.

Damn newbs. Gotta teach them *everything*.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
              There's your problem. Keyboards are impervious to cold. Fire might work, but the single best answer is, as usual, percussive maintenance.

Keep a ballpeen hammer near the keyboard, and visible by the keyboard. Let the keys know to fear it by smashing something with it once or twice. After that, any rebellions will be quashed before they begin.

Damn newbs. Gotta teach them *everything*.
              I'm well aware that percussive maintenance is the best method. I was simply making a shout-out.

I find I have better results by keeping an axe nearby. Douglas Adams, after all, told us that the most aggressive thing you can do to a computer is reprogram it with a very large axe.*

* The equivalent of going up to a person and saying "Blood. Blood. Blood. Blood."
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

I find I have better results by keeping an axe nearby. Douglas Adams, after all, told us that the most aggressive thing you can do to a computer is reprogram it with a very large axe.*
                Yes, but that's for reprogramming. You're not trying to reprogram the keyboard, just quash rebellions. Ideally, while keeping the keyboard in a usable state. For that, the axe definitely won't work. Yes, the hammer can cause breakage, but that's why it takes practice.

With proper force, the keyboard will understand its place, refuse to rebel, *and* be fully functional.

* The equivalent of going up to a person and saying "Blood. Blood. Blood. Blood."
                I've read that. I've never tried it. I think I need to.

On an unrelated note, that reminded me of a *fantastic* prank I read about: Get some red paint, paint the words (making sure the letters will be runny) "YOU WILL BE NEXT", and then put up some ugly as sin wallpaper over it. Afterwards, move out. When the next homeowner takes the wallpaper down, enjoy the effect

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                  Yes, but that's for reprogramming. You're not trying to reprogram the keyboard, just quash rebellions. Ideally, while keeping the keyboard in a usable state. For that, the axe definitely won't work. Yes, the hammer can cause breakage, but that's why it takes practice.

With proper force, the keyboard will understand its place, refuse to rebel, *and* be fully functional.
                  You've been working in IT longer than me. I'll defer to your expertise in this case.

*makes plans to buy a nice hammer*

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                  On an unrelated note, that reminded me of a *fantastic* prank I read about: Get some red paint, paint the words (making sure the letters will be runny) "YOU WILL BE NEXT", and then put up some ugly as sin wallpaper over it. Afterwards, move out. When the next homeowner takes the wallpaper down, enjoy the effect
                  Oho, now that is evil. I like it!

Comment

Douglas Adams, after all, told us that the most aggressive thing you can do to a computer is reprogram it with a very large axe.*

Actually two different instances. That Blood quote is to do with counting at a computer:

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/show/66990

“Ford carried on counting quietly. This is about the most aggressive thing you can do to a computer, the equivalent of going up to a human being and saying "Blood...blood...blood...blood...”
                    The reprograming with an axe was Zaphod:

"The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy: Episode #1.3" (1981)
                    Eddie: I'm waiting. I can wait all day if necessary.
                    Zaphod Beeblebrox: Computer, if you don't open that exit hatch pretty damn pronto, I shall go straight to your major data banks with a very large axe and give you a reprogramming you will never forget. Capisco?
                    [pause]
                    Zaphod Beeblebrox: Okay. Get the axe.
                    I don't think either will work on the Keyboards or Seraph!
                    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I use only the official Terry Crews Axe Shield 9001 For Her (tm) when I'm needing a fresh, convenient way to protect myself against the daily problems with axes!
                      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                        I use only the official Terry Crews Axe Shield 9001 For Her (tm) when I'm needing a fresh, convenient way to protect myself against the daily problems with axes!
                        Just don't tell the keyboard about it!
                        I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                          Get some red paint, paint the words (making sure the letters will be runny) "YOU WILL BE NEXT", and then put up some ugly as sin wallpaper over it. Afterwards, move out. When the next homeowner takes the wallpaper down, enjoy the effect
                          Actually, I know someone who's done something very similar. When she moved into a new house, they pulled up all the carpet. They laid themselves and their kids out on the subflooring, painted outlines around them, then laid tile over the subflooring
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                            Actually, I know someone who's done something very similar. When she moved into a new house, they pulled up all the carpet. They laid themselves and their kids out on the subflooring, painted outlines around them, then laid tile over the subflooring
                            I always liked the idea of painting a room yellow, then using a stencil to paint glow-in-the-dark skulls/eyes all over the walls in the same shade of yellow. Then moving out. Then I giggle maniacally

Comment

I think that's rather Hallow-mean.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                              X