Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Getting Stereo Equipment to Install in Your Car...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Getting Stereo Equipment to Install in Your Car...

... you might want to buy it the DAY you come in to set up your appointment for the installation. That way, you KNOW you have all of the needed parts! Don't wait until 15 minutes to closing time the night before your scheduled appointment to come in and buy that 400W four-channel amplifier you saw two days ago.

*sighs*

I can't wait to hear what the install bay techs have to say about this monument to human wisdom and intelligence.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

i'm betting if he doesn't have everything he needs he's going to blame the installers for not being prepared for him.

Comment

well, it's also a good thing to do something about what you're talking about with your own stereo setup...
      If you don't, you sound like an idiot and get posted about on here.

Comment

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
        well, it's also a good thing to do something about what you're talking about with your own stereo setup...
        If you don't, you sound like an idiot and get posted about on here.
        Yep, because what we actually had was a 400W Mono Amp.
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

So what will happen in the end? Will they charge him only the separate install for the amp that he didn't include in the original equipment installation, or charge a separate install for that piece, along with the initial install of the original order? If the techs are busy, I can see them rescheduling the install of everything, or they would do the install of the original order but not the amp.

Comment

From Mike's original post and one of the followups, I assume this is what happened:

- Customer saw a 400 watt amp he wanted, and assumed it was a 4-channel
            - Amp is actually a single-channel, so to get 4 channels he'd need 4 of them
            - Either customer didn't budget for 4 amps, didn't have space for them, or store didn't have 4 in stock
            - End result - store couldn't do the install
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

No install was made. The dim bulb had no clue what the hell he was doing or what he wanted.

Comment

Working...
              X