This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Had to Pack My Own Bags

Yesterday, a customer was packing her groceries and she didn't push the confirmation amount on the pin pad so I ended up having to do it. She told me that she didn't want cash back and I let her know that it was asking for confirmation. She even told me that she had to do my job of packing her groceries even though she could've left them on the counter for me to do (other customers have done that). The two customers after her decided that they wanted to pack their own groceries.

I've had customers ask me if they should pack their groceries. Because of customers that have complained that they were forced to pack their own groceries, I tell the customer that I'm required to pack all of it.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

She had to PACK her own bags!!! Oh, the humanity!!!

(Seriously, if she hates packing her own bags so much, does she have such a contempt for unpacking her own bags at home?)

Comment

I hope she doesn't travel much. Hate to see her pack her luggage.

Comment

Quoth cashierbex
        I hope she doesn't travel much. Hate to see her pack her luggage.
        Silly. That's what kids and/or a husband are for.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

So they don't like it if you do or don't. Sounds about right.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

What a twit! I often pack or help pack my own bags at my usual grocery (because they never have enough baggers for the 5 o'clock rush), and I do it because I know it helps the cashier move everyone along.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I usually shop at a place where it's expected and known that you pack your own bags. I like doing it myself because I do a better job than anyone else really. I like my own packing better.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                I usually shop at a place where it's expected and known that you pack your own bags. I like doing it myself because I do a better job than anyone else really. I like my own packing better.
                Me too. I usually shop at off hours and go to the ones that are self check out. Occasionally someone will come along to the self check out and offer to bag, but I always politely decline. I like to do it my own way, but I don't like to displace a bagger or throw a monkey wrench into their routine either.
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

*gasp* She had to bag her own groceries? Oh poor baby.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Well, ya see, if YOU don't pack the groceries for her, she can't BLAME you for "doing a bad job packing them" when her eggs get broken after she takes a turn a bit too fast and makes the bag fall over...
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I shop at a store where customers pack their own groceries. And I never hear people complaining about it either because MANY people want their groceries packed in a certain way and this gives them the luxury of doing it themselves so they can't bitch at the cashier for doing it wrong. Too bad all the stores can't do this policy, eh???

Comment

Working...
                      X