This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Customers: Fact is Fiction & Fiction is Stupid

C: The cable line to my house is still lying across the road. I’m afraid that if someone yanks on the line, they will yank my TV through the ground & out of my house. (Because cartoons are real??)

C: (to someone else) That bitch done hung up on me!
    Me: Sir, I’m still here.
    C: Oh, sorry mam. I didn’t mean to call you that, but DAMN! Happy Valentine’s day to you, mam!

C: I can’t wait for the tech to get out here to fix my TV later tonight. Get him out now!! I have livestock & this is their lifeline!!

C: I forgot about my bill & thankfully, the Lord woke me up & reminded me to pay it.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

One of my favorites?
    "You can't turn off my cable just because I haven't paid! that's against the law!"

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
      C: I forgot about my bill & thankfully, the Lord woke me up & reminded me to pay it.
      Render unto the cable company that which is the cable company's?

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
        Render unto the cable company that which is the cable company's?
        HAHA!! SO SAYETH THE LORD!
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

it would actually be in the spirit of that particular gospel, as well, funnily enough. ( the spirit of that gospel is that you should pay someone what you owe them, essentially) So yes, you could say that Jesus, on asked about paying for your cable, would say that.

as an aside, the person complaining about their livestock having a TV as their lifeline may actually have a point. the TV might not be the one that receives cable TV, they might have a TV set up as part of a CCTV system to monitor their livestock. ( yes, I know you probably can't fix the TV itself, but these aren't the mos intelligent customers...)

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
            it would actually be in the spirit of that particular gospel, as well, funnily enough. ( the spirit of that gospel is that you should pay someone what you owe them, essentially) So yes, you could say that Jesus, on asked about paying for your cable, would say that.
            From His Sermon on the Mall, as related by Paul in his Second Epistle to the Consumers:

Quoth 2 Consumers 4:12
            Render unto the Cable Company that which is due them, for life without cable sucketh.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I have livestock & this is their lifeline!!
              I know that if I were a barnyard animal or some such, I'd enjoy watching TV.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

C: I can’t wait for the tech to get out here to fix my TV later tonight. Get him out now!! I have livestock & this is their lifeline!!
                I'm sorry. I just...this is all I can think of:

"....Them's some eenterehstin' caows there, Bob. Dey got dem teevees affixered to their insides, there."
                Last edited by Seraph; 04-29-2012, 12:59 AM.
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  "....Them's some eenterehstin' caows there, Bob. Dey got dem teevees affixered to their insides, there."
                  Tele-Tubby cows!
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Tele-Tubby cows!
                    D: EXACTLY!!!!
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I have livestock & this is their lifeline!!
                      FO-O-O-OUR HU-U-UNDRE-E-ED CHA-A-ANNELS GOOOOD! TWOOO CHA-A-ANNELS BA-A-A-AD!

Orwells that end well.

*ducks*
                      Last edited by Cat Herder; 04-29-2012, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Quoth Cat Herder View Post
                        Orwells that end well.
                        That quack was uncalled for.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                          I know that if I were a barnyard animal or some such, I'd enjoy watching TV.
                          I've had kitties that love watching TV. Kitty would spend hours sitting on my lap watching various shows. He also seemed to enjoy the quidditch scenes in Harry Potter. Something about small things flying around seemed to amuse him. Also, some fishies seem to enjoy TV as well. Maybe the movement? But, whatever it was, when I still had the fish tank at my parents, most evenings, the fish were always in the corner closest to the TV. I guess they got tired of swimming
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            Tele-Tubby cows!
                            Milky-Wilky, Creamsy, Kah-kah, Mo....
                            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              Tele-Tubby cows!
                              There's a Dirty Jobs episode where they had like a window in the cows stomache. It was, I think, some kind of research thing. It's been awhile since I've seen that one.
                              "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Working...
                              X