Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brilliant Plan! Except For The Whole ID Thing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant Plan! Except For The Whole ID Thing.

New guy J (will call him Studmuffin from now on) got to deal with this girl.

Girl comes in with her friends, hangs to the side, friends buy alcohol and cigarettes, Studmuffin asks for I.D. Girl says she'll get it from the car. Girl goes to the car, gets the ID and hands it over.

Studmuffin: " Um, you're not old enough."

Girl: "Oh, yeah, I'm 23. I just don't have my I.D. on me so I just grabbed my friend's in the car, she said it was ok."

Me: "Um...your friend isn't the brightest, no offense. Sorry guys."

They leave, grumbling.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Some people.

I giggled, though, and I don't know why.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I especially love when people claim to not have their ID, despite having their wallet and/or purse with them. Usually a dead giveaway.

And don't get me wrong, I do feel for some people, like the girl last week who didn't have her ID because it was stolen in Miami, and had the police report. As much as I feel for her (and I do believe she was telling the truth, even though so many people try this "excuse" quite often), the fact remains that under Florida law I can't serve someone alcohol if I ask them for ID and they are unable to produce one that is acceptable under the law for alcohol purchases. I also feel for the cruise ship staffers who only have their cruise ship ID with them, as those IDs are not acceptable for alcohol purchases in this state. Of course, I am starting to question their claims that that is "the only ID they have off the boat" considering how many cruise ship staffers I get that DO have acceptable ID, including a group of guys that have become Thursday regulars at my bar, when their ship is in port.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
        Some people.

I giggled, though, and I don't know why.
        Think that's bad, have a girl come through your line (with a young guy in tow) and tried to buy a 6 pk of Smirnoff cranberry lemonade.

Yeah, she had ID. Only problem with that was she wasn't quite 21 yet (birth month was September.)

So, to humor her, I entered the birthdate into the computer. Came up Underage. I noticed that she'd already put her ID back into her wallet, so I asked to see it again to make sure I looked at the year right.

One more look at her ID and the cranberry lemonade got put under the counter and I smiled and told her "Not today, Sweetie. Come back after your next birthday."

Bet she didn't count on me actually entering in her birthdate. Hope she liked the pwnade instead.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I got ID'ed by my coworkers who have known me since I was 16 on my 21st birthday . I think it was more for the cameras and to joke about it .

Ah, the stupidity of some people.

Comment

Yeah, not having ID with you but having your wallet is somewhat...odd.

Especially here, since police has the right to ask you for identification, which if you fail to provide, you're taken into custody so they can "investigate who you are".

Not that I've ever failed to provide ID, just had to attend an "interrogation" (in the mildest sense of the term) when I was getting a new ID after the old expired.

Comment

Wow, remind me to never leave the hotel with out my wallet in Finland

As for the Wallet/purse but no ID? There are some people out there that are that silly. My GF for one. We have been out a few times where she got carded and didn't have it with her, generally because she does silly things like swapping what she is carrying with her, and some times she doesn't swap her ID.

Difference here though?
              She does a /facepalm and doesn't drink that night.

Comment

I would never go anywhere without ID. I never use it---I mean, I've not been pulled over in ages (last time was for a headlight going dead) and how will the police/EMT/other emergency guys know who you are if something terrible happens to you?

I can't believe people are stupid enough to try to use someone else's ID, though. How many news articles have you seen where someone got caught doing that? And that's a whole mess of trouble, with identity theft and other issues right now.

Comment

Papers please.

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                  I have a little wallet that slips nicely into my pocket, and it holds my driver's license, SIN card, MCP card, bank card, and money quite nicely.
                  So, do you have to be a little to carry a "SIN" card, or a tyrannical computer program to carry an "MCP" card? (will anyone get that last reference)

Comment

Master Control Program. Tron.
                    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                      Master Control Program. Tron.
                      END OF LINE.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Stryker One View Post
                        So, do you have to be a little to carry a "SIN" card,
                        The manager at my old DaddyJim's pizza, 12+ years ago, actually gave out SIN cards from time to time.

Unless you mean Social Insurance cards...which you probably do...

For those unfamiliar ... Yes, kinda applies...They're Service Industry Nights cards. They get you discounts, let you get in without paying cover charges, etc at certain nightclubs and the like.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

One of the grocery stores near me (it has since closed) would check i.d.s on entire groups, even if only one person was buying the alcohol. We just assumed they had been fined in the past because the store was almost militant about it.

Comment

Working...
                          X