This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perfect Family's Night Out

Hello, all of you little people! My name is Mrs. Perfect. This is my husband, Mr. Perfect, and our children Billy, Susie, and little Mikey. It's Saturday night and we're going to spend some quality time together as the Perfect Family!

Here we are at the frozen Yogurt shop. What a perfect place for some wholesome family fun. Okay, kids, let's go up to the counter and tell the nice lady what you want. Billy, you go first. What flavor do you want? Chocolate? Good. Now what toppings do you want? Do you want chocolate chips? No? How about heath bar pieces? Do you want heath bar pieces? No? How about gummi bears? Do you want gummi bears? How about the shaved milk chocolate? Those right there, do you want them? What? You want the chocolate chips? Billy, do you want the chocolate chips or the shaved chocolate? The chocolate chips? Okay, he'll have a small chocolate with chocolate chips.

Susie, it's your turn. What flavor do you want? They have Chocolate, Vanilla, Peach, Pomegranate, Salted Caramel and Coconut. Which one do you want? Vanilla? Do you want vanilla? Which one are you pointing to? Are you pointing to the coconut or to the vanilla? That's okay honey, take your time. After all, the whole world revolves around our family! How about the purple yogurt? Do you like the purple yogurt? What about the pink yogurt, that looks good. The purple? You like the purple? Okay, she'll have the small pomegranate. Do you want chocolate chips too? Yes? You want the chocolate chips? And put some chocolate chips on that, please.

Okay Mikey, since you're only 2 years old, I'll just order you a kid's size vanilla. Then I'll lift you onto the counter so you can look at all the toppings and point to the ones you want...what is it, Susie? You don't like the flavor you picked, and you want chocolate instead? That's fine, the nice lady will be happy to make you a new yogurt free of charge, because you're just that special.

So, kids, now that you all have your yogurt, go sit down. And if you get bored, feel free to run around the store shrieking like howler monkeys while your father and I ignore you completely.

Here's the money for the yogurt, and keep the change. That's right, the whole 8 cents. It's not easy being perfect, but I do my...what is it? Excuse me, nice lady, but my kids forgot to ask for some toppings, could you give it to them on the side? Thanks.

See you next week!

Are you KIDDING ME??? I just met this family today! Did they decide to go right from the frozen yogurt shop to "Wally-World" to blow off their remaining money on lead-based cheap Chinese crap? The shrieking was echoing in my ears, and that was even AFTER I put on my earphones to my MP3 player while passing them to go on my lunch break!

Comment

Must be related to my ex-neighbors. The only thing missing is the out-of-control screaming mimi mother.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Ugh I think this family must travel around the world, because I encounter it in the UK as well. You'd think that working in a pub I would avoid this. Nope.

Comment

I'm exhausted just reading that. Is the intention to overwhelm the worker so that they can scam things for free?
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

This posting style is certainly a new twist on a situation many of us can relate to. Fun read, but sucks you had to put up with it.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

After almost 26 years in the food service industry, I have encountered this family, and their cousins, numerous times, in all their incarnations. Fun, ain't it?

Quoth Kristev View Post
              Is the intention to overwhelm the worker so that they can scam things for free?
              I hate to defend these nitwits, but I don't think it's a scam at all. As I mentioned, I've dealt with this type on many occasions, and I honestly believe that they are just so self-centered and self-important that they don't realize how obnoxious they are. That, and they are just generally clueless.

Thieves? No. Morons? Yes.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

That, and parents like that always think that letting their kids order (when some can still barely speak, let alone most of them are still at a very shy point or scared of strangers!), is soo adorable, or their kids constantly changing their minds is just tooo funny.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  That, and parents like that always think that letting their kids order (when some can still barely speak, let alone most of them are still at a very shy point or scared of strangers!), is soo adorable, or their kids constantly changing their minds is just tooo funny.
                  YUPPERS......

Try this one over the phone ordering pizza and sides and wings and soda and.......

and see me on the other side beating my head with a pizza box and wishing I could zap the PARENT over the phone.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                  X