This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently I'm a racist motherf***er.

Yeah, I'm racist because you don't want to admit that your kid is a thief.

One of our game stores called for security because a 11yo kid with his family swiped a game off the counter (family put game on the counter and asked a question. Manager looked down at his computer, then back up and the game was gone. Nobody in the family was holding the game, so the only place it could have gone was into the kid's pocket/jacket since he was right there! No way it slipped/fell/got pushed anywhere). The store manager's was hoping that just me being there would intimidate the kid into giving it back. Didn't work. The manager asked the kid if he knew where the game went. Kid said he didn't. Manager flat out tells the family he simply wants the game back, no questions asked. Mother gets righteously angry and screams that her son would NEVER steal, they don't even own the game system the game went to, etc. She then lets fly with:
    "Why don't you accuse the WHITE PEOPLE in the store of stealing, huh? You just went after us because we're the only BLACK PEOPLE in here!"
    For the record, at that time there were about 10 other customers in the store, 6 of whom were black, and one of whom was at the counter at the same time the family was and even mouthed to the manager 'it was the kid.' So the manager says he'll have to call the police and they'll sort it out. Mother screams she's leaving, and leaves with her son and 2-daughters. She's raising such a fuss that I follow her into the mall to make sure she doesn't cause any other problems. Cue her screaming that I'm following her. The whole time I can also hear her scolding her son, making me think she caught him stealing the game and hid it somewhere so she could deny everything. We get to the nearest doors and I watch as they head down the sidewalk towards other stores. At that point another customer asked me something so I stopped to help him, even while the mother was STILL screaming at me for following her. About 8-10min later I met my coworker at the next entrance up to just let him know what had happened. And speak of the devil that family was coming BACK DOWN the sidewalk, but I have my back to them and am leaning in the passenger side of the security car, praying they don't stop!

But alas, the mother stopped right behind me and screamed in my ear at my coworker that he:
    'better f*cking make sure she (I) stop following her and why didn't I follow any of the white people!?"
    I innocently said "ma'am, I'm sorry, I'm just having a conversation with my coworker here." She screamed:
    "I bet you were you racist motherf***er!"
    I sternly told her that this is a family environment and to please watch her language. She screamed that she could talk however she wants. I told her that this is family friendly private property. She screamed back "whatever" and kept walking, but shouted a parting shot from half-way across the parking lot that "You're just racist! Why don't you police some white folk!? Why don't you police your own kind!?"

Frankly, her attitude was just depressing and sad to me, not to mention embarrassing - but luckily the mall was fairly quiet at that time. She was setting a wonderful example for her children.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Quoth LillFilly View Post
    Frankly, her attitude was just depressing and sad to me, not to mention embarrassing - but luckily the mall was fairly quiet at that time. She was setting a wonderful example for her children.

Yes it is a bad example for her children. But on the other hand, and I am not in ANY WAY defending this mother, it's entirely likely that this was the mother's example growing up as well. Unfortunately, that type of behavior is learned, rather than being ingrown.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 05-01-2012, 10:38 AM. Reason: Trim quotes, don't just bold the part you are replying to

Comment

Because God forbid you, I don't know, take some responsibility for your child and his/her actions. Oh, no no, your little angel can get away with it, because all you have to do is call someone else racist. You know, I wonder what she'd have said if you'd have been of the same race as she and her kids? I'm sure she'd have come up with some asinine excuse. Every time I hear a story like this, all I can think is 'my mother would've backhanded me so damn fast for that shit'! I mean really! What happened to parents who actually...gasp...PARENT??
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Exactly BrenDAnn

Comment

Oh God...been there, done that.

Child stole something off a shelf.
          Parents were confronted.
          Parents pulled the race card.
          Parents informed that item is returned then nothing more need be said.
          Parents refused.
          Parents informed that police would be involved.
          Police arrive.
          Police looks at High Definition, Color Video Footage.
          Footage clearly shows child pocketing item.
          Police inform parents that this is not a race issue but a "Your child took something that was not paid for" issue, and that they would either pay for item or give it back. In either case they were to leave the store...pronto.
          Item returned, family ban-hammered, charges not filed.

We didn't know it at the time but the item taken was a coin cell battery costing $1.25. Dunno why the kid snagged it other than it was shiny, but it was not worth pressing charges on that. The court costs alone would have purchased a gross of those suckers and then some.
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
            Because God forbid you, I don't know, take some responsibility for your child and his/her actions. Oh, no no, your little angel can get away with it, because all you have to do is call someone else racist. You know, I wonder what she'd have said if you'd have been of the same race as she and her kids? I'm sure she'd have come up with some asinine excuse. Every time I hear a story like this, all I can think is 'my mother would've backhanded me so damn fast for that shit'! I mean really! What happened to parents who actually...gasp...PARENT??
            Easy. You'd have gotten called Uncle Tom
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Did they get away with walking out with the game? If so then the race card clearly worked

Comment

Perma-Ban required here...

Comment

It'd be funny if you knew the kid was stealing an empty box and you STILL walked after the mom and her child. BWAAHAAHAA!!

Comment

Unfortunately, it was a box with an actual game in it, and even though the manager was sure the kid had it, because he didn't SEE where the kid put it, he couldn't actually stop them. Which is why he was hoping intimidation and getting mom to give the game back would work. Nope, not in this world!
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                      I wonder what she'd have said if you'd have been of the same race as she and her kids?
                      probably the same lame excuse
                      Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                      Every time I hear a story like this, all I can think is 'my mother would've backhanded me so damn fast for that shit'! I mean really! What happened to parents who actually...gasp...PARENT??
                      My folks as well. Today, it's just as likely that mommy put the kid up to it and planned to play the card if the scam didn't work out.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

that's because accusing you of being racist is a popular way to create misdirection to cover up the fact that her son was a thief. or she was.

and tax is right. cos we've seen it here in stories already.

Race_Z person: You're just saying that because I'm Race_Z!!!!
                        Raze_Z employee: Seriously?

or stuff similar

Comment

Heck, we've seen stories where WHITE KIDS accused of taking something try to claim the likewise-white cashiers is racist! WTF?

Would be pretty funny if it's true they don't even have the game system required to play the game. Kid gets home with his swag, discovers he can't even use it. Idiot.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero

Easy. You'd have gotten called Uncle Tom
                            I had a SC call a manager an Uncle Tom for defending me against an accusation that I was racist.
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

At least when my manager read my write up she just shrugged and agreed with me that of COURSE the problem wasn't their kid stealing they just needed something to complain about. She's pretty awesome like that!

Comment

Working...
                              X