This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get it off the website.

We get a web order about twenty minutes to close. It was a delivery to a security building. I call on my way to have them come to the main door but nobody answers. When I get there, there is a woman on the front steps.

Me: Hi. Is this for you?
    SC: (very snotty and slurring words) Well I guess so.
    Me: (thinking oh great she's drunk) Okay. It's 18.49.
    SC: Don't you have a slip for me to sign or something?
    Me: Uh, this is a cash order.
    Sc: I put it on a credit card.
    Me: Oh. Something must have gotten messed up when you placed the order. Do you see here
    where it says cash instead of visa? Thats okay though. All you have to do is call the store and
    give them your card number.
    Sc: I put it on a credit card. You can't order cash on line.
    Me: We take cash orders online all the time. It's okay though. Just call the store with your number.
    Sc: You need to get it off the website.
    ME: Maam, I have no way to access your online account. You just need to call it in.
    Sc: Fine. (i dial number on my cell and try to hand it to her) You talk to him.
    Me:Okay, but then you will have to give him your card number.
    Sc: Tell him to get it off the website.
    Me: Maam, I already told you that we cannot access your online account.
    Sc: Well cancel my order then.
    Me: Fine with me. (i leave and at some point she must have realized that she now was getting no
    pizza because when i got back)
    Mg: The lady from your delivery just called and gave me her credit card number.
    Me: Fuck her. I'm not taking it back. (explain what happened)
    Mg: Well, she said to cancel her order, so I guess we cancel her order.

We finished cleaning and went home.

HA. Glad you stuck to your guns. If the SC is going to be a bitch then NO PIZZA FOR HER.

Comment

greetings from a fellow pizza delivery driver. I did not even have to finish readin the conversation to know what the ultimate outcome would be.

ahhhhh yes meeting the clueless, stoned, drunk, and/or strange people while carrying food into the night.

you,sir, have my fullest sympathies. sounds like a Wefare Week customer.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

you know... i have ordered pizza when i was drunk. but never when i was too drunk to pay properly.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          you know... i have ordered pizza when i was drunk. but never when i was too drunk to pay properly.
          Back when I worked at the only place open past curfew(state law vs town law, state law wins) I would get people too drunk not only to pay, but to order. I'd literally just get a car of drunks shoving a wallet at me and saying 'foood'.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            Hahaha same; and I seem to tip REALLY well (note: not a country with normal tipping practice - ie I'm just giving away large denomination notes "keep the change!" )
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Sometimes the machines do get it wrong. Not saying it happened in your case tho.
              It has happened to me once.
              7 years ago, before I moved out here to the middle of nowhere, I lived in the city. We had cable TV and were able to order pizzas, taxis, groceries etc on the TV, using just the remote control. You could choose to pay cash, card or have it added to your monthly bill.
              My girlfriend ordered a pizza one night and chose to have it added to the bill, but when the driver arrived he insisted it was cash. I just paid him cash, then checked my bill when I got it, and was charged for it on the bill too so got a refund and free pizza

Just saying, sometimes the systems do mess up.

Comment

Quoth Zenova View Post
                Sometimes the machines do get it wrong. Not saying it happened in your case tho.
                It has happened to me once.
                7 years ago, before I moved out here to the middle of nowhere, I lived in the city. We had cable TV and were able to order pizzas, taxis, groceries etc on the TV, using just the remote control. You could choose to pay cash, card or have it added to your monthly bill.
                My girlfriend ordered a pizza one night and chose to have it added to the bill, but when the driver arrived he insisted it was cash. I just paid him cash, then checked my bill when I got it, and was charged for it on the bill too so got a refund and free pizza

Just saying, sometimes the systems do mess up.

That, or the driver was trying to pocket some extra cash for the night..

Comment

Working...
                X