This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir, Pond Scum Are More Worthy Than You

So, my dad is diabetic. I mean, really badly diabetic. Combine that with an unfortunate workaholic tendancy that frequently leaves him hours late on his insulin shots, and the rest of the family has taken to organising a multitude of measure to help him keep his blood sugar something approximating normal long enough for him to get home of an evening.

The biggest of these measures has been leaving specially labelled jars of jelly beans that his doctor recommended for a quick pickup in his office, his secretary's office, and his work's conference room. On top of that, I made up a jar for a sandwich shop in the same building as his office where he almost always buys his lunch. The people who run it are fairly close friends of the family, so when I explained they were quite happy to sit it up in the employee-only area behind the counter.

The jar was very clearly labelled For (Tolly's Dad) Only! In case of low blood sugar, take some and have a coffee. in big black letters. Cue bastard of an SC.

Today, I come in to see my dad for lunch, so I stop to grab sandwiches. There's a guy in front of me, grumping at the poor worker because oh no, toasted sandwiches take a few minutes and he should get 50% off for having to wait! Oh, the horror!

Needless to say, the worker is not giving an inch. Good on him. SC gets increasingly sucky. Finally he snaps and storms behind the counter. I'm ready to tackle him if he so much as raises his hand to the Poor Abused Worker, but instead he... Steals. my dad's. Jelly beans. The entire smegging jar. Grrrr.

Me: Hey! Put those back! They're not yours!
    SC: Yes they are! I'm (Tolly's Dad)!
    PAW: No, you're really not. I know (Tolly's Dad). He's taller than you.
    SC: Of course I am! I'm going to talk to your manager and have you fired! *starts eating the jelly beans*
    Me: If you don't put those back right this second I'm gonna call the cops. You are not (Tolly's Dad) and it's illegal to pretend you are.
    SC: And how would you know, you little bitch?
    Me: BECAUSE I'M TOLLY, ASSHOLE!

You could hear me through the entire building, it seems. Needless to say, mister sucky customer changes his tune. Too late, PAW's CW (who was on break) has already called the security guy over his behaviour.

Guy gets told to get the hell out and if he comes back they'll call the cops. He never does get his sandwich. I get to explain to my dad why I screamed 'asshole' at the top of my lungs in his workplace. Thankfully his clients were pretty awesome people who were amused when they heard the story.

(I did get an SMS from Dad a couple of hours ago to tell me that he came back two hours later and started threatening the PAW and his CW. Security came, cops were called, charges are being pressed. I may have to testify if he fights it. I will do so happily. Ass.)

I just... If the people who run the shop know us well enough to put emergency jellybeans behind their counter, did you really think that you could get away with that crap? Or with swearing at people? Or abusing the workers and tresspassing? Sheez.
    "Everyone walk behind me, your new glorious leader!"
    "Watch the ego, hon, you're scaring the paladin again."
    ~ Sand and Olivia, NWN2 Fanfiction Stupidity

Quoth Tolly View Post
    (I did get an SMS from Dad a couple of hours ago to tell me that he came back two hours later and started threatening the PAW and his CW. Security came, cops were called, charges are being pressed. I may have to testify if he fights it. I will do so happily. Ass.)
    Some people just Do Not Get It. What an ass. I hope he gets some jail time to maybe drive the lesson home.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Mmmm, that would be nice. And make up for me completely screwing up my voice over the idiot.

Seriously, six hours later and my throat still hurts. He made me mad as hell.

Comment

Oh. Em. Gee.

This guy created a new level of Suck.

Tolly, when I read, "charges are being pressed", I immediately did a fist-pump and went, "YYYYYYESSSSS!!!!!" My favorite bit, though, is this:

BECAUSE I'M TOLLY, ASSHOLE!

Comment

Wow, what an idiot. I hope he has the book thrown at him.

Comment

I hope a whole library of books will be thrown at that douche-a-saurus rex.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Ask not for whom the bell tollys
              For yours is about to get rung.

-- Po Man Ding
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

What a douchebag.

Also one question: is your dad able to get an insulin pump?
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Tolly! (my dad's a diabetic workaholic too )
                  Good to see karma's kicking that asshole's, err, ass already
                  Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                  What's the difference?
                  We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I'm picturing Leonidas showing up, yelling "THIS IS TOLLY!" and kicking the guy into a hole. If you do have to testify against him, don't forget to tell us all about it! Especially the part where the judge lays the smackdown on him. Do people still say smackdown? Oh well.
                    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Well, as it happens I did my first round of Jury Duty last year (and it was damn interesting, although I have never been more thankful for anything than I am for the prosecutor who took one look at my face and asked for me to be removed from the jury for the rape case D, and I dare say that the judge with throw an entire library of books at him. Security cameras, baby.

Dalesys, that was magnificent. XD

Comment

Rose said it best when she kidnapped Ken on the Street Fighter cartoon: "The fool is far too dangerous to be free."
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Wow, just wow. I actually had that whole "sinking feeling" reaction you get when witnessing this kind of exchange, just from reading it! What a !
                          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Nothing more can be said about that Sucktomer that hasn't already been said. I'd call him an ass, but that would be an insult to hard-working donkeys all over the world.

I'd call him a douchebag, but that gives him way too much credit.

Good on ya, Tolly, for verbally smacking him down.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Well played, Tolly. My hat is off to you.
                              The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

Working...
                              X