This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Do you understand what an emergency is?" *warning...language"

Yea, you stupid bitch! I know what a fucking emergency is...and guess what? It's not that your fucking sprinklers aren't working!! Yes. Fucking. Sprinklers. Seriously. I am still so pissed after I took her calls last night.

Then she must have thought I was stupid. Because she had to talk reaaalllll slow and stop after every word.

Do. You. Get.What. I. Am. Saying. How. Hard. Is. It.For. You.To.Under.Stand. I am the homeowner. You tell them I demand they get out here and fix the sprinklers. This is not an option. I want them fixed Now. Do you get that?

She went on to accuse me of being rude to her, because I shut my mouth and let her speak.

I do believe my tone may have changed a bit when I said "yes ma'am" but for fuck's sake? How is this important? This is not an emergency!! Emergencies involve police and ambulances...not fucking sprinkler man! Stupid...stupid bitch.

Thank you. Back to your regularly scheduled programs.
    Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

You mean "lawn sprinklers"???

OK...that's just stupid.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

it's only an emergency if she has them stuck up inside her

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post

OK...that's just stupid.
        Yeah. lawn sprinklers. Can't really say much about where I work...because I know they are watching...but let's just say yeah...luckily, in my short time here, she has been the meanest I have encountered.

However, I'm due to be "promoted" to a less stressful side of the job officially in 2 weeks...start training tomorrow, but I don't need her calling the bosses and ruining everything for me...which could happen. So, I'm angry and scared all at the same time.
        Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

Comment

If the sprinklers were unable to shut off and flooding the house, then yes, that's an emergency. But just not working, that's an inconvenience, not an emergency, and certainly not worth yelling at and belittling you over.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth orcprincess View Post
            fucking sprinklers
            Quoth Ree View Post
            Thank Gord Ree asked for clarification there, because my brain came up with any number of unfortunate imagery at the term "fucking sprinklers." D:
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Something inconvenient happening to me = Emergency

Something inconvenient happening to you = Comedy
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

yeah, i can see it being an emergency if fire sprinklers are broken ( either stuck on or wont' come on) but not lawn sprinklers. Especially since you can simply disconnect the broken one. The lawn WILL survive w/o water for a day or two until you can get someone to fix them without being an SC,

Comment

Other things people have called my after-hours "emergency" line for:

I want to talk to you about something (gossip is not business related)
                  I need a guest parking pass (from who? the office is closed)
                  I need to make a payment (I can't take your money)
                  I don't have my gate card and need to get in (I don't have your card either)
                  Why did my car get a parking violation sticker? (for the reason that is checked off on the sticker)
                  Why was my car towed? (because Argabarga is awesome, also you probably ignored the violation sticker on your window that said why it would be towed if you didn't move it)
                  Why was I charged a late fee? (you probably paid late. No way for me to tell until the office opens)
                  I am here after hours. Why is no one in the office? (you answered your own question)
                  I would like to know the name of my neighbor (Go talk to them)
                  Somebody hit my car (call the police)
                  My cable is out (call your cable company)

Comment

Lawn Sprinklers are an EMERGENCY to her?! Bitch needs to get her priorities in check. You or your kid or pet ate a lawn sprinkler? That's an emergency. Needing your lawn sprinklers fixed? Not an emergency. I can't believe how minor inconveniences equate to emergencies in the minds of SCs like her.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

However, I'm due to be "promoted" to a less stressful side of the job officially in 2 weeks...start training tomorrow, but I don't need her calling the bosses and ruining everything for me...which could happen. So, I'm angry and scared all at the same time.
                      If she does call, surely they would pull the tapes to see what really happened?

Comment

everytime someone speaks to me like i'm dumb I try tp NOT to get them what they want, it's a top pet peeve. Guess I'm too dumb to understand you! Duhhhh *eyeroll*
                        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

In Aussieland, lawn sprinklers are so much NOT an emergency that many water authorities won't allow you to water a lawn at all. Well, except for the first 3 months to get the seeds of a low-water-needing grass properly started.

Of course, if you have your own source of water - such as a rainwater tank - you can use that for any non-drinking purpose you like. (Unprocessed rainwater - especially in cities - is not considered drinking quality.) You can also use greywater (post-laundry, post-basin, etc) for non-food plants if you want. Including lawns.

But .. I guess my point is... LAWN SPRINKLERS? Who uses lawn sprinklers if they're not a golf course or a tennis court?

(yes: clash of cultures.)
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

OMG OMG OMG The grass is gonna die!!!!!! I only watered it 4 hours ago and it won't go again!! EEEEEEEEK PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...yeah right.
                            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

This is like the Boy who cried "Wolf." When there really IS an emergency for this moron, who the hell is going to care when she's screaming about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X