X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird-Ass Call.

Phone Rings:

Me: Corporate Security this is Rainman, how can I help you?

Bank Employee: Yessir I need to have my parking pass disabled, I got fired today! (He sounded quite happy about this, meh whatever, maybe he hated his job)

Me: Oh, well sorry to hear that sir, but we don't disable parking passes in this dept, just access codes on your ID badge. (Also, I had never heard of an ex-employee being required to disable ther OWN parking privaledges )

BE: Oh, well (person i've never heard of) said to call Blah Blah (Engineering Vendor), I called them and they transfered me to you!

Me: . . . why would you call the Engineering Vendor about your parking pass sir?

BE: (person I've never heard of) said to!

Me: Okay. . . well I'm afraid I can't help you on this sir, let me put you on hold for a moment.

I ask my supervisor what this dude needs to do, and we both do some digging and find the number we think he needs

Me: Still there sir?

BE: Yup!

Me: Okay, I don't know why you are disabling your own parking pass, but here is the number I think you need to do that . . .

BE: (Interupts me) My parking pass? Oh Engineer Vendor just finished up with that!

Me: Wait what? Um. . . they have no control over that. . . like at all. And if it's alreay done why did you call asking for it to be done?

BE:. . . . I'm not sure, well can you disable my access badge then?

Me: I sure will, that is if your Branch Manager or higher sends in the proper paperwork for that, otherwise no, not a chance.

BE: All right, I'll call you back then Jim (does not even closely sound like my name)

Me: You do that sir, have a good night.

Weird as hell right? This guy was either a total moron, completly bonkers, or trying to pull something shady, time for me to make some calls.

The last place that I had an ID badge - when someone got laid off / fired they took your ID right then and there and security walked you out (after going to get your purse/coat/car keys for you). Later, a sup would box up your personal stuff for you to pick up at front (non ID access area).

I say something is hinkey here - or he got fired and went straight to happy hour and is now a little "confused".

Comment

Or maybe, as a 'joke', he was trying to get a colleague's access cut off.
      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I'm betting on prank or malicious intent myself...
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
          Or maybe, as a 'joke', he was trying to get a colleague's access cut off.
          that's what i'm thinking. although perhaps not as a "joke" but as a dick move?

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
            I'm betting on prank or malicious intent myself...
            I agree. There's no way in hell any company or entity for the matter would let somebody disable their own passes of any kind.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

The only time I'd ever heard of someone getting their own badge disabled was when their badge was stolen along with their purse. And the higher up still had to sign off on it the next day, so they could get a new number/badge assigned.

I have to agree with those that this sounds like one heck of a mean spirited prank.
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                that's what i'm thinking. although perhaps not as a "joke" but as a dick move?
                Sadly, there are people out there who are unable to make the distinction, and often treat the latter as if it were the former.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sounds like he is trying to screw with a co worker.
                  "The old saying "The customer is always right" is Bull S*it, but you should always treat the customer with respect."~ Professor of Management at UTA

Comment

Found out what happened:

Turns out this guy was let go last friday and then started making calls all over XXX Bank. One of my associates in Branch Security told us he had been doing it all weekend, and when one of his former co workers tried to reach out and see if he was okay, the guy got physically assaulted for his trouble. Basically the guy who got fired went off the deep end in a bad way, which does explain the weird call I got.

Comment

Working...
                    X