Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had just listened to me, you would not have looked so stupid. (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonono, tell him you reversed the polarity of the neutron flow.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
      Sometimes there's a way to get out of this situation and still let the BE retain a little face.
      I'll admit I used to do this until I realized it actually hurts more than it helps unless the person is willing to admit they F'ed up, or if you end up convincing them something was genuinely wrong. Then the next time they call, especially if they don't get you, they believe the problem REALLY is on your end and that you can fix it or use it as ammo against you even though they know they are wrong. If they don't get you the person they do get will just be confused and be opened up to, "well the last time I called they fixed it for me."

Almost always better to take the flak and stick to your guns and let them realize they screwed up.
      Last edited by Chanlin; 05-10-2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
        I'll admit I used to do this until I realized it actually hurts more than it helps unless the person is willing to admit they F'ed up, or if you end up convincing them something was genuinely wrong. Then the next time they call, especially if they don't get you, they believe the problem REALLY is on your end and that you can fix it or use it as ammo against you even though they know they are wrong. If they don't get you the person they do get will just be confused and be opened up to, "well the last time I called they fixed it for me."

Almost always better to take the flak and stick to your guns and let them realize they screwed up.
        Exactly, there are people here who do just cave and do it for them and it bugs me to no end. We do the troubleshooting because if there IS something wrong with their code, its a big deal and WE are the ones who have to do the digging to find out what's up. I can't tell you how many times I have this kind of call come in and maybe 90% of the time they just put their code in wrong. I always politely tell them to try their code more then once before calling us.

I wouldn't have had a problem arming the guy's branch for him if he hadn't been such a dick and had maybe tried ONE troubleshooting procedure before refusing to do anything I asked him. I don't care if he is a VP, a VIP, the MVP or an STD, I'm not going to be slack at my job for his convenience. Try the code more than once next time slick.
        Last edited by Rainman; 05-11-2012, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X