This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Maintenance!

I work in a retail store in a rich part, I had customers call me Bitch and so on, i had people throw things at me, yelled at me and telling me that i dont know how to do my job. Well if i didnt know how to do my job why the same customers keep coming to my store and ask me for help? Specially in the area were i work customers are sooooo high maintenance, and so demanding. Some will cut the line and come to the desk and say to me "I have to leave NOW so you have to help me", or " I need this done NOW i only have 5 minutes" or "Do you know who i am" I ve been doing these for 8 years, and i am not saying that all customers are the same, but i am to the point were i decided to look for another job were i dont have to deal with so many customers/clients. Customers Suck!!!!!!!!!!!

Who was it who said, "If you wish to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people He gave it to ..."

I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with such a collection of EWs -- hope you can find a better job quickly!

That line about "Do you know who I am?" reminded me of a scene from the British sitcom The Thin Blue Line ... the desk sergeant has just asked a posh-looking guy for his driver's licence.

Him: "Do you know who my father is?"

Desk sergeant: "I'm sorry I can't help you with that, sir. Have you tried asking your mother?"

If somebody hit me with the "Do you know who I am?" line, particularly if I were tired and fed up, I could see my brain-to-mouth filter failing: "CAN SOMEBODY CALL SECURITY? WE'VE GOT A PERSON HERE WHO SEEMS TO BE SUFFERING FROM AMNESIA ..."

Comment

"That's not relevant. I'm asking for your driver license." I always just put it back to where it is. "Well, they do it at [Competition]." "[Competition] is free to make whatever policies it wishes. This is how we do it here." <------I have said that to a sucktomer.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Fantasized response--

J2K: "Can I see your ID please?"
        SC: "Do you know who I am!?"
        J2K: "No. That's why I'm asking for your ID."
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Whenever I hear of an EW saying "Do you know who I am?" I secretly hope that somebody will use the paging system and clearly say something like : “Attention customers, could somebody please come to the front? There is someone here who doesn’t know who she is…”
          The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

My response to the question "Do you know who I am?" has always been to put on a very puzzled look and say, "Why, don't you?"
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

if you only have five minutes, that's not my fault. "Lack of planning on your half does not an emergency make."
              Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
              Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
              -Unknown Author

Comment

I had a mini-experience like this today. I was paying for some food at the grocery, and the credit card machine at this particular shop just doesn't seem to like my card -- it had just worked at 2 other places earlier -- Even the plastic bag trick didn't work; thus, the cashier typed the number in manually. A woman who was maybe 3 people behind me in line quipped that she was late. I really wanted to ask her, if you were so late that this 60-second delay is a such a horrible thing, why did you come in here rather than just going to your destination ...?
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

*** I may have posted this in another thread somewhere, but it amuses****

At the nightclub I'm a regular at,(before I started going) Maynard (of TOOL) was already drunk and said to our head of security "Do you know who I am?" ... he got turfed (GTFO'd).

it makes me happy!
                  I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Working...
                  X