This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jester! Jester! Jester! You da man!
    Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

What's that old chestnut? Guy goes into some sort of business and demands his ass be kissed. When his ass ISN'T kissed, demands "Do you know who I am?"

Desk clerk responds by getting on the phone and calling the nearest hospital, explaining she has a patient of theirs who is clearly agitated and with obvious amnesia since he's having to ask if SHE knows who he is!

Variation: Desk clerk replies no, she doesn't know who he is, but suggests he check his wallet/underwear.
      Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

Another Jerry Springer sighting back in the late 80s would be at a bar in Clifton, by UC called Ripley's. He'd come up after the newscast on Wed night and sing with a local band the Menus. All the girls wore low cut shirts when he was there, he was sure to buy you a drink if you did.
        Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

Lol. I was there during that time period and saw the menu's a few times but don't remember him being there. Too funny.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth dbuzman View Post
            He probably enjoyed being treated like any other customer and not fawned over because he is famous.
            That's why a lot of celebrities like New Mexico, we don't really fawn all over them.

I see more in Santa Fe (quite a few live around there). Randy Travis and Val Kilmer come to mind. (I don't care what people say about him. He opened up his ranch for people to move their horses to when Los Alamos evacuated for the Cerro Grande fire. If he's such an ass, he wouldn't have done that.)

One of my friends works in a local gun shop. Johnny Depp was in the shop a couple weeks ago.

A store I worked at, we'd get NPH in quite often. But then, he was home visiting his parents.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

When I was working retail I rang up Santa Claus. XD Big guy, fluffy white beard, the whole she-bang.

It's funny, people always joke about him vacationing in the tropics during summer, but I never expected to see the Big Man himself in Arizona, buying a Hawaiian shirt with surfing Santas on it, and paying with a credit card that said Kris Kringle. His ID matched, so I rang it up. Took all my strength not to wish him a Merry Christmas by accident.

Comment

I feel sorry for that poor guy. What a childhood he must have had.
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

it's fairly likely he changed his name to that, rather than being born Kris Kringle.

Comment

Just because they're related to someone who is famous doesn't mean they can get through a purchase with a card that they haven't proven to be theirs. "I don't care if you're the President or Christ himself, get back in line and let's see some I.D.!" Ha ha!

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      Not anymore. He changed his legal name to Alice Cooper.

He also wields a mean Rod of Cancellation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f33YD-pwJdg

Comment

Quoth midnightaurora View Post
                        It's the mall that is no longer owned by Simon, if that helps. (Which, btw, now that its not owned by them, even though its still a ghost town, there's been a ton of improvements and there's plans for more.)
                        Not being owned by Simon helps any mall. I worked in one that they bought out. You could watch the life and personality drain out of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X