This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You ASKED me to call you!

So on the paper that tells me if I have any changes I'll have messages left from customers occasionally. Normally they're "please hang paper on doorknob" or, "place on porch" or the like. However, today we had "please contact customer at *phone number*" I asked my boss if he knew what it was about, since usually any customer contact goes through him first (paper thieves, etc) but he said no, it'd gone directly to my paper. So I get home, wait until a reasonable time, then call.

Me:
    SC:

*rings*
    SC: "Hello...?"
    Me: "Hello is this ____ at"
    SC: *interrupts, shrieking* "I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU"
    Me: *adjusts cell* "Can you understand me" *click*

*looks at phone to see if it dropped the call. No, it was ended from the other side.*

*calls again*
    Me: "hello?"
    SC: *click*

Me *twitch*

Goes downstairs, gets land-line to make absolutely certain that there is no way it's my phone.

*calls, gets answering machine* Starts to leave message when I hear the call waiting sound immediately after this from that number*
    *picks up*
    Me: "Hello, is this...*
    SC: *shrieks into phone* "WHO IS THIS?!?*
    Me: "This is Opalin, your DDN carrier, is this ____?"
    SC: "Yes, you kept hanging up on me!!!"
    Me: "Not from what I could"
    SC: "YOUR PHONE LIES!"
    Me: "...."
    SC: "I didn't hang up! Your machine is lying!"
    Me: *moving on* "Anyway, you left a message saying you wanted to contact me?"
    SC: "I... oh, yes! Please make sure my paper is in the EXACT MIDDLE of my porch. Sometimes it's on top of the swing."
    Me: "okay, you have a nice day..."
    SC: "EXACT MIDDLE!" *click*

What I wanted to say, but didn't, was "Could you please also ask the man who was smoking in short shorts on your porch the other day to please wear more clothing? It would help my early morning sanity and will to get close to your porch"
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

First world problems.

Ohmigod, my paper must be in the EXACT MIDDLE of my porch!
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
      First world problems.

Ohmigod, my paper must be in the EXACT MIDDLE of my porch!
      I actually lol'ed out loud at this.

I can just imagine a starving Ethiopian, whispering to another:

"Think we have problems?....over there, some woman's paper isn't in the exact middle of her porch...."
      There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

If I wasn't usually on a time crunch, I think I'd probably pull out a tape measure and make sure it was about 3 inches off either left or right...
        Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
        Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
        -Unknown Author

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
          If I wasn't usually on a time crunch, I think I'd probably pull out a tape measure and make sure it was about 3 inches off either left or right...
          Better yet, take a dark marker, and mark off the porch, showing exact middle - after all, you had to measure to get it just right for the customer, and this way they don't have to wait each morning for you to measure again

Oh, and I SO wish my life was so wonderful and perfect that I had nothing worse than that to spend my time fretting over.

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
          X