This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoos are not an ID

Guy came up to my register to buy spray paint. I asked for ID. He starts cussing at me that he is 35 and don't I see his f*cking tats. I refused the sale. Why you might ask? Because a cashier in my chain was recently fired for selling to a tatted tee who was arrested soon afterwards for tagging. The receipt was in the kids pocket so they came to the store and pulled the tapes. The cashier was fired on the spot, arrested and fined. So we were warned no selling ANY restricted items without I'd unless the person looked over 50. Sorry dude.

Ah yes, cuss out the cashier, that'll SURELY get you what you want!

Some people's kids I tell ya.....
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

yup, when I worked in the c-store I got that a lot, they usually shut up when I said yes, I see your tattoos, I've had mine since age 15. Even better are the ones who tried to use kids as ID, because you have to be over 18 to have kids around you.
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I think I'm missing something here ... did the fired cashier not get the purchaser's ID, and is that why they were fired?
        Otherwise, I have to wonder why the cashier is held responsible for what the customer does with their purchase ...

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
          I think I'm missing something here ... did the fired cashier not get the purchaser's ID, and is that why they were fired?
          Otherwise, I have to wonder why the cashier is held responsible for what the customer does with their purchase ...
          Sounds that way: some states, cities and what not treat spray paint and even some car cleaners like they do with cigs and beer: you sell to someone 'under-aged' and its your butt AND the store gets fined for breaking the law.
          Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
          pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

I'm not really sure what's the point of getting ID unless you keep the info on file, most of the idiots here that were arresting for tagging were over 20. IIRC one guy was 29! You'd think people would have better things to do with their time.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If you want proof of my identity, I've got my name on my underwear.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

You must enter the number off the ID into the system. The cashier bipassed the system. So they were not held responsible for the vandalism but for breaking the restricted items law. The rule is more concerned with huffing than vandalism.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  If you want proof of my identity, I've got my name on my underwear.
                  Calvin?

Comment

Ha ha! That was funny! ANY moron can get a tattoo, especially underage folk. Having a tattoo doesn't automatically make you the legal age right on the spot, but you'll be surprised how many people actually think that.

Comment

Well, the cops use tattoos for ID, but only when they're looking for you.
                      "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

I get that in reverse; people with tats or cigs or whatever claiming to be children... And for my industry, you need to show ID to get the lower prices.
                        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
                          The rule is more concerned with huffing than vandalism.
                          Yeah, and it's the same with huffing. A few weeks ago I was at school (went back to college) and me and some classmates found a girl, probably in her 20's but at least 18, passed out in the ladies' room from huffing an air duster. I've been carded for buying those, too.

She came to and ran off before campus security made it. We tried to stop her but she was bigger than all 3 of us.

Comment

Working...
                          X