This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't memorize the names and locations of cigarettes

Well I have a customer complaint against me.

Our little smoke shop in our 24 hour store closes at 10-10:30 at the latest. We can still sell, there just isn't someone standing there mindlessly all night. A former coirker who was fired not only for attendance but for being rude to customers and being suspected for stealing comes in and sarts complaining that the smoke shop is closed. I offer to get her what she needs and walks over. She barks 27's at me. I have no clue what that is so I ask which again apologizing. She rolls her eyes and repeats "27's". I am getting irritated at this point. I ask for a brand and she finally says marbros I start looking for what she wants while she screams instructions at me then has the gall to ask if I am stupid. Now I am furious. I tell her no, I don't smoke so I have never heard of that type of cigarette and 2 don't work the smoke shop often enought to memorize the stock. Then she asks if she has to pay there and can she check out her overflowing cart there. I tell her yes but a regular registers would be bette, but the cigarettes have to be paid at that register, and that it would be difficult as the register has no where to put bags but I made it clear she could check out there it would just be longer. She told me to forget it and she wanted my manager. I pointed to her as she had been watching the whole time. The woman laughed and said she'd call the next day because night managers aren't real managers. I loathed her when I had to deal with her more now. She told me I should quit my job if I hated it so much. I don't hate my job I hate rudeness. I explained to my manager and she told me no to worry. The witch complained to my co-manager but she must have been rude to him too as he never said anything.

She's probably arsey because you still have a job there and she doesn't.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I'm a smoker myself, but it took me a while to get used to everyone's "favorite" ciggs when I worked at the gas station.

People and their el cheapo ciggs were the hardest. No, I've never smoked Liggetts and don't know what they are.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I sort of have to memorize the cigarette stock because I'm the one who does the invoice every week. I guess it's easier this way since I'm not a smoker and have no temptation by the cigarettes.

Still, holy crap, what a rude bitch.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Maybe it was a good thing that someone who was fired for being a rude jerk made the complaint -- the managers likely ignored her complaint because they already knew that she was the one being rude.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

There are so many different kinds of cigs... And Marlboro 27s aren't all that common. Most everyplace sells them, but not nearly in the same quantities as golds or reds.

Comment

I only sell 27s if they are a buck off. People ask me how cugs taste and I tell them I smoke menthol. The menthol always masks the flavor of shitty cigs for me.

Comment

considering it's a complaint from a FORMER coworker, and the manager saw how bitchy she was acting... i have a feeling it's going to be chalked up as "grudge complaint" rather than a valid one.

Comment

27s aren't bad. I prefer lights (oops, sorry, gold pack) much better, though.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I never even tried to learn the names/brands of cigs and cigars when I worked the smoke lane at *big box retail*. I'd just ask what color the packaging was.

And yes, a few folks would get huffy and roll their eyes at me, especially when it took me a minute to find the pack and it was *points in vague direction* right there, no There, NO THEEEERRRREEE *waggles finger excitedly*.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Don't you love how in the SC mind, retail workers are all so very stupid, not worth the minimum wage they get, yet are supposed to have memorized the entire stock of thousands of items in the store, even those in the departments they normally dont' work in?

Madness takes it's toll....
                      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                        Don't you love how in the SC mind, retail workers are all so very stupid, not worth the minimum wage they get, yet are supposed to have memorized the entire stock of thousands of items in the store, even those in the departments they normally dont' work in?
                        Gah. I hate that soooooooo much. I was once told that I should have the entire grocery store memorized and know the price of everything. "It should be easy, I mean I know the entire tax code."

Yeah, right. I estimate there is around twelve THOUSAND different items in my department. I don't even want to think about the entire store.

Le sigh.

Comment

Quoth Null Requiem View Post
                          Gah. I hate that soooooooo much. I was once told that I should have the entire grocery store memorized and know the price of everything. "It should be easy, I mean I know the entire tax code."

Yeah, right. I estimate there is around twelve THOUSAND different items in my department. I don't even want to think about the entire store.

Le sigh.
                          This, so much this. I work in photo. P H O T O !!!! I do not know, nor CARE, whether that shade of makeup will highlight your "good points". I will, however, get the cosmetics associate for you, if you will just STFU long enough for me to page her!!!!!!!!!

Comment

People who expect us to memorize EVERYTHING have never worked a day in such jobs in their lives. I've been at the C-Store ten years now, and while, yes, I do have most of it memorized, I do still have to search for things sometimes. I mean....you try memorizing what seems like 5,000 kinds of cigs and where they're at! Really!
                            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                              Although... considering the SC use to work there... pulling that crap doesn't really say much about her either though.

It's best to not insult someone over working for a company, when that person themselves WILLINGLY worked there too.

Comment

Working...
                              X