This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what you want

Ok, it's not totally sucky, but this woman agrivated the hell out of me, so I'm putting her here.

So where I work, we sell beds that need bed slats. If you buy one of these beds, you need to buy the slats separately. Occasionally, we get people who just want to buy 1 or the other. This woman was just buying slats.

After going through the self scan, she asked for help. She never told me why.

Me: How can I help you?

Her: Do you have any paper?

I go and pull out some of the paper people use to wrap delicate things we sell (dishes, etc.) I couldn't figure out what she wanted to do with it, and she pulled a face when she saw it.

She just kept asking "Will you help me?" and I kept responding with question for her that she never answered. Eventually she pulled out a big garbage bag, and I helped her get it in to that. Then she left with the slats, in the bag on the cart. Why she wanted it in the bag, I'll never know.

But seriously, I'm happy to help customers with pretty much anything I can, But I can't help you if you won't tell me what you need help with. Ugh.

There are people walking the earth that absolutely refuse to be clear or up front about something they want, and they will purposely "suffer" with something being wrong or not what they want, just to be able to throw it back at someone later and feel better about themselves.

They are, the people I bitch about all the time, the passive aggressive idiots, mixed with a little bit of martyr sometimes thrown in.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      There are people walking the earth that absolutely refuse to be clear or up front about something they want, and they will purposely "suffer" with something being wrong or not what they want, just to be able to throw it back at someone later and feel better about themselves.

They are, the people I bitch about all the time, the passive aggressive idiots, mixed with a little bit of martyr sometimes thrown in.
      ARGH! You have just hit upon one of my pet peeves. These people are straight out of John Cleese's How To Irritate People video.

If you want something, don't hint and hem and haw. Put on your big boy/girl underoos and ask for it, like a grownup! You'd be astonished at how well that works.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

But it's so much better to shrug, pretend to not care or have an opinion or real desire, then bring it up later by either ignoring a person then later exploding "But I wanted Subway for dinner!" or just acting like a baby when someone else makes the decision for you.

You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
        X