X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Celebrity Customer

This happened to my cousin.

Yesterday while she was getting ready to go home from her shift at "factory that makes awesome cheesecakes" a very famous basketball player from Texas, who is on his way to another championship ring, decided he wanted to eat at said factory.

Problem with this is the "factory" had already been closed for about an hour. Kitchen was cleaned up as well as the bakery. Server saw who it was and was like "sure you can come in even though we are closed!" (she tells all of the pissed off employees, that she didn't know they were closed!)

My cousin had to wait around for yet another hour (which put her leaving work at 2am instead of 1 am) just in case basketball star wanted cheesecake.

I get that you make millions of dollars for bouncing a ball up and down and throwing it into a basket, but seriously can you not read a sign? Their hours are posted at the door! It's bad enough to come to a restaurant a few minutes before closing, but to show up with your entourage an hour after being closed is ridiculous!

Shame on you basketball player who expected them to open the restaurant after it was closed and shame on the server who allowed it to happen.

I just hope he left a big ass tip, that was shared among everyone who had to stay late!
    "The old saying "The customer is always right" is Bull S*it, but you should always treat the customer with respect."~ Professor of Management at UTA

I'm a little torn on this. Yes it's sucky for a customer to come right before close or right after, but unless the celeb had an attitude, I put most of the blame on the server. Let's face it, she said "Come on in!!!!" with enthusiasm. Sure the celeb probably knew it had to do with him being a celebrity, but hey, why not accept fanfare when it's offered? Server was an ass.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
      Considering that the place had already been closed for an hour there was no reason at all to reopen for this guy, regardless of who he is. I treat everybody the same and have even called Michael Buble a dick to his face. I don't give a rat's arse WHO somebody is or how famous they are - their shit smells as bad as the next person's. If the celebrity were to throw a fit over me telling them that we're not bowing down to their request I'd make good and sure that it hits all the entertainment news sites. NOBODY is worth being treated like crap, not for all the money in the world.
      I agree. I don't care HOW famous you are, that doesn't give you the right to inconvenience everyone else. I do place blame on the staffer who said "come on it" Were they a manager, or where WAS a manager when she did this? I don't know about restaurants, but in my store, we close at 9 and doors are locked then. So while we may have stragglers still IN the store, we don't let anyone else in after that time.

Comment

I was kinda stuck on the server not knowing they were closed. Did she work there or had she just wandered in from somewhere else to not know they were closed?
        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

My first thought was that the server went "OOOH! A CELEBRITY!!!" and opened the doors regardless of the fact they were closed (she "didn't know they were closed"?? How can you work somewhere and not know what time closing is?)

Yes, the server definitely deserves some blame, but so does the celeb and his entourage. They had to see the place was closed but IMO decided to try playing the "celeb" card to see if they couldn't get in anyway. Unfortunately for the rest of the staff, it worked.

Or maybe I'm just cynical.

Comment

It also could be a security risk as well. Even if it were someone famous, local or not, no one gets into Random Craft Store after closing or before opening until they are an employee.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Apparently he has done this many times before and the managers were pissed off that the server even let him in!
              "The old saying "The customer is always right" is Bull S*it, but you should always treat the customer with respect."~ Professor of Management at UTA

Comment

I treat everybody the same and have even called Michael Buble a dick to his face.
                That calls for story time, m'thinks.

As to the OP, yeah, I think that there was fail on both sides- The guy and his entourage for showing up after the restaurant was closed (seriously, who doesn't check the hours beforehand to make sure the place you want to eat at is still open at a certain time?) and the server for telling them to come on in anyway (who does that?? O.o Was she hoping to score a free autograph or a phone number or something?).
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Yeah sorry once our doors are closed they do not get opened for anyone, I could care less who you are, to big of a security risk, and if one of my employees did that they would not be there anymore.

Comment

I'm guessing it was Tim Duncan or Tony Parker.
                    My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                    My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

When the JUNO Awards were last held in my fair city I had the dubious honour of meeting Michael Buble. He was going on about how famous he was and what a good singer he was, blah blah blah. I was part of the volunteer detail helping out at the venue in the days leading up to the awards and I was walking by during his little bit about how great he was. He pointed at me and said something along the lines of "I bet even this poor girl stuck here in <city> knows who I am!" I looked at him and said, "Yep, I do. You're a dick, and I think Matt Dusk is way better than you are." And then I turned and walked away while he was gaping at me in surprise.

Awesome!! lol I do enjoy some of his music but you doing that to him was priceless, lol

Comment

That is awesome, PatioKitty! I like the guy's music, but anyone who feels the need to go on and on about how awesome they are deserves to be knocked down a few pegs and reminded that they're still just human.
                        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
                          I'm guessing it was Tim Duncan or Tony Parker.
                          Yes it was one of them? How did you figure it out?

Comment

Quoth NoMoreRetail View Post
                            Yes it was one of them? How did you figure it out?
                            I watch the NBA and play basketball myself. (Not pro, just a hobby)
                            My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                            My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

When the JUNO Awards were last held in my fair city I had the dubious honour of meeting Michael Buble. He was going on about how famous he was and what a good singer he was, blah blah blah. I was part of the volunteer detail helping out at the venue in the days leading up to the awards and I was walking by during his little bit about how great he was. He pointed at me and said something along the lines of "I bet even this poor girl stuck here in <city> knows who I am!" I looked at him and said, "Yep, I do. You're a dick, and I think Matt Dusk is way better than you are." And then I turned and walked away while he was gaping at me in surprise.

*snip*
                              OMG, that's wonderful! You were definitely the tack to his overinflated ego balloon!

Comment

Working...
                              X