X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Pick Up Artist

Public Transit Presents: Pick Up Lines That Will Never Work:

“Hey baby, what’s your name? …….Really? What a coincidence! That’s my daughter’s name too!”. Be sure to be carrying a box of wine for added impact. Because nothing says “romance” like wine in a box.

I would be creeped out if a man tried to hit on me by telling me I share his daughter's name. Does he live in the world of V.C. Andrews? Ew!
    Last edited by Ree; 06-15-2012, 11:39 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Comment

Oh my God, best line EVER

The hamster in the wheel that is your brain seems to be rather winded. Maybe you should let him catch his breath.
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
      --attributed to Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies

From my hotel experience, I'd say about 30% of the general population doesn't know what a postal code is... And we're talking sober, job-having, non-helmet wearing people.
        Ridiculous. In the last 3 years I've lived in 6(?) different zip codes. And I can tell you when I was living in each. These zip codes are in two different cities in two different states and one of those cities I grew up in and recently moved back to.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Yay! Welcome back, Gravekeeper, good to see you!

Quoth Crossbow View Post
          *snip*

Good to see you back, Gravekeeper, even if you still stuck dealing with the VERY shallow end of the gene pool.
          And the water's evaporating fast ...

Quoth Ghel View Post
          I, too, missed your posts, GK!

My first thought on reading this was, "Isn't that the guy who predicted the end of the world last year? No, that was Harold Camping."

Am I the only one? Oh, well.

*snip*
          I never thought of that but it's great!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            I was thinking of UHF. What were you thinking of?
            Seven, of course. The end with Brad Pitt freaking out trying to get Morgan Freeman to tell him what's in the box that Kevin Spacey had delivered to the remote field.

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
            Ridiculous. In the last 3 years I've lived in 6(?) different zip codes. And I can tell you when I was living in each. These zip codes are in two different cities in two different states and one of those cities I grew up in and recently moved back to.
            I can't tell you every zip code I've lived (I was in four states in my first four years, for goodness sake), but I can tell you just off the top of my head, without looking any of them up, what my zip codes were in the major stops in my life.

Large part of my childhood: 10956.
            Large part of my teen years: 07470.
            Late high school through college and adulthood: 85282/85283/85287. (All the same town.)
            Last 12 years: 33040.

Admittedly, I have an excellent memory for numbers, but still, a person should be able to tell you what the zip code is where they live.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

YAY! GK is back! WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ok, I'm better now. No, really.
              Why is stupidity not an arrestable offense?

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                I know the zip code of my Mother's house, I lived there for 10 years. I know my current zip code, I have lived here 22 years. Any other zip code? Nope. Heck I can barely remember street addresses other than perhaps the name of the street and town of anywhere else I have lived.
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  I know the zip code of my Mother's house, I lived there for 10 years. I know my current zip code, I have lived here 22 years. Any other zip code? Nope. Heck I can barely remember street addresses other than perhaps the name of the street and town of anywhere else I have lived.
                  GK would love you, simply because you remember your current postal/zip code!

When I worked for the repair center, the zip code issue would come up every so often, because either the customer could/wouldn't remain sober long enough to give it to whomever entered the information or the person entering the info couldn't remain sober enough. (I'm hoping it's not complete stupidity the likes of which GK deals with... my faith in humanity would be burying the human race if it got any lower.)

I was the one that had to go through the system and tell it which of the 20 or so zip codes we serviced that it could really be. Didn't help if the two major sections of Little Rock (Little Rock and North Little Rock) had the SAME STREET ADDRESSES!!
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Seven, of course. The end with Brad Pitt freaking out trying to get Morgan Freeman to tell him what's in the box that Kevin Spacey had delivered to the remote field.
                    Although think about a mashup of Seven and UHF. That would either be something to behold, or mind melting.

Comment

Quoth Princess J View Post

I would be creeped out if a man tried to hit on me by telling me I share his daughter's name. Does he live in the world of V.C. Andrews? Ew!
                      I can beat that. I'm a medical student and was asked to perform a rectal exam on a male patient. I went to introduce myself, explain the procedure and see if he was okay with me doing it. The man said "You know, you're almost as pretty as my daughter." DUDE I'M ABOUT TO PUT A FINGER UP YOUR BUTT. THIS IS NOT THE TIME. NEVER IS THE TIME. STOP IT.
                      Last edited by Ree; 06-15-2012, 11:41 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Comment

I had to start taking the sky chariot to work last week, boarding and disembarking at the infamous Broadway station. Made me think of these threads. Nothing noteworthy.....yet.

Sorry to see that they are still out there, trying to order pants.
                        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

"Fire Exit"..never heard it called THAT before, lol!

Seriously, the guy has never heard of a bag to keep his new toy in?

Comment

Quoth Amanita View Post
                            "Fire Exit"..never heard it called THAT before, lol!
                            Never OD'd on jalapenos, I take it?
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Jalapenos are for pansies. Try habaneros. They'll give you a better idea of what a true "fire exit" is.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                Jalapenos are for pansies. Try habaneros. They'll give you a better idea of what a true "fire exit" is.
                                Google "Flaming Brians Kitchen". The Cinema Snob and friends trying different hot sauces.

They've had some shit that make makes straight habenero seem like a mild green pepper.
                                *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

Working...
                                X