X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting Reality And Substituting Their Own *IMAGES!!*

Something smells.....

This picture sums up how I felt about this ordeal. This lady called in and asked if I could find a hotel in the Abilene, TX area that was comparable to the rate she had for El Cheapo Inn which showed as $56/night on her current reservation at the time of the call. I looked and it was the cheapest around since the others were about $62 and up. So she decided to keep her reservation. Hours later she calls back (but she doesn't remember nor probably didn't realized that I was the same agent she spoke to) and said that the El Cheapo Inn had a bunch of bums asking her and her family for cash and smokes and some other sketchy people there. Then said that she spoke to the front desk clerk about refunding her (she said she paid in cash but reservation showed as credit card payment) and was told by the clerk they can't refund nor cancel the reservation. She then said how the front desk clerk first told her that she thought the manager was in the bathroom and after that didn't know where the manager was. Because the reservation was checked in, I couldn't do jack since it locks me from doing anything in the system. So I told her to talk to the manager but to call customer service to escalate the issue if the manager won't talk to her. She even tried the whole blame the company reservations rep bit for setting her up with El Cheapo Inn that was in a sketchy part of the town. Sorry, but not our fault you wanna be a cheapskate and then cry about being in a hotel that's in a sketchy part of town.

ETA: What really made me feel that her story reeked of bullshit was because when she called and complained about the El Cheapo Inn, she kept asking for a refund and declined all the other hotels I offered her that had vacancies (they were $62/night or higher) in the area. Either way she still had to go through the hotel since the billing is directly with the hotel.

Just Gimme My Room!!11!!11!!1!

Another lady calls in and quickly blurts off her rewards member info and the info to make her reservation and was adamant about me saying my spiels. I'm required to verify the info for the reservation AND quote the cancellation policy. The lady got all pissy when I had to repeat to her ad nauseum that legally I had to quote the cancellation policy and that I was required to verify the info or I can't make the reservation. She got mad and hung up. I find out later a co-worker B got her too and she (the SC) did the same thing to her too. If somebody wants to make a reservation without hearing the rep's required spiels, why not do it online?!! It's not a hard concept here! But then again these SC's like this one in my case are the ones that demand us to rush like mad (by skipping our required spiels) and make the reservation. Then they turn around and bitch that the rep fucked it up.
    Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 06-05-2012, 02:17 PM.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

I'd bet the second SC didn't know how to use a computer -- or at least not very well -- and didn't want to spend the time trying to do an online reservation.

As for the first SC ... sounds like a scam. You gotta think that when they won't agree to any solution but a refund.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      I'd bet the second SC didn't know how to use a computer -- or at least not very well -- and didn't want to spend the time trying to do an online reservation.

As for the first SC ... sounds like a scam. You gotta think that when they won't agree to any solution but a refund.
      Normally if I have a customer complain that the hotel sucks (service, maintenance, etc) and they wanna GTFO instead of switching rooms, they're quick to take what's available in the area. Especially at a good price. Because all she wanted was a refund, it sounded fishy to me to say the least.

The ones like the second SC have a lame excuse like "I'm tired" or "it's quicker with you". No it's not. Online is quicker. SCs like the second one don't get that there's certain things we are required not only by corporate to say but in some cases legally over the phone. If we don't say those required things, our ass is on the line.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
      X