This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike horns and pet toys

So I think we've all had to endure people squeaking pet toys endlessly and testing out every bike horn on the shelf. Today, I hear the bike horns start from their aisle from where I am ten aisles away. And it keeps on, and on, and on, and gets closer, and closer. J and I are in seasonal doing clearance pricing on some flower bulbs. It's gone on for nearly half an hour now. Finally some old woman with a toddler standing in the back of the cart appears from around the corner and this kid has the horn and is continuously squeaking it. It's awful. My teeth are grinding and J is making faces that tell me she's about ready to explode. The woman passes by me and says something to the effect of, I've found the perfect toy but it's the wrong color. Whatever, lady, make him stop. Then she says something about us wishing we could work in peace and quiet huh, and chuckling. Finally they walk away and the horn eventually went out of earshot. I was thankful because my head was pounding at that point.

Fifteen minutes later J went around the corner to do some other price changes and comes back and asks, what color was that horn? Blue, why? She hands me the horn the kid was honking. So the bitch let the kid just keep at it with that thing, got sarcastic with me then chucked it on the patio furniture displays. Nice.

Next time they come and do that (I think this might be the same culprit that honked horns continuously last week) I am taking it away from the kid. I'll find a way to justify it somehow. I hate listening to that crap for more than five minutes at a time.

Besides the driving everyone up a wall with the noise, I've always hated seeing people who hand their kids toys to play with while shopping, then toss it aside & don't buy it - even babies drooling all over something, ick.

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Shame you can't give the kid the toy free and say, "Here, take it home and you can play with it for the rest of the night!"

Comment

It's a simple reason to take it: Have they paid for it? No? Then it's not a toy to risk the kid breaking.

Comment

i'm betting she left it there just in revenge for daring to not fawn over "cute" the noise was.

Comment

I've been guilty of squeaking the pet toys, but only a couple of times, not endlessly. Although I suppose if everyone only did "a couple of times" it would still seem like it never stopped.

Guess I'll stop doing that now.....
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The same can be said of those dancing/singing toys around the holidays, especially at Christmas. I know I wanted to kill customers and especially employees that would hit buttons on ten different toys and then just walk away. It's cute the first time, not when it happens a hundred times in a single shift.

And yet strangely, I'm drawn to the damn things and will hit a bunch of buttons before I realize what I'm doing and slink away. Sorry employees (especially Hallmark!)
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

SQUEEK-squeek

It's like the theme from Jaws.

SQUEEK-squeek

Only you are being stalked by a shark in clown make-up.

SQUEEK-squeek

Candygram?

SQUEEK-squeek

Free tickets to the circus!

SQUEEK-squeek
                "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                  SQUEEK-squeek

SQUEEK-squeek

SQUEEK-squeek

Candygram?

SQUEEK-squeek

SQUEEK-squeek

Now I am going to have nightmares. Thanks.

I only squeak toys to see how loud they are for my dog's.

Comment

I saw some kid setting all the alarms on all the cheap digital watches on display at the local Walmart.

No one bothered to stop him and even the "try not to be obvious but fail miserably" loss prevention people were not anywhere near the area. So he had all the time in the world to set up his nefarious plan.

He set them to go off 5 minutes apart from each other. There were over 100 watches in that display.

Even worse was that the next day I had to go back for something else and they went off again at the same time as the day before. When I left they were pulling staff to turn off all the watches.
                    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                      The same can be said of those dancing/singing toys around the holidays, especially at Christmas. I know I wanted to kill customers and especially employees that would hit buttons on ten different toys and then just walk away. It's cute the first time, not when it happens a hundred times in a single shift.

And yet strangely, I'm drawn to the damn things and will hit a bunch of buttons before I realize what I'm doing and slink away. Sorry employees (especially Hallmark!)
                      I also REALLY hated those things during the holidays. picture a smallish gas station with 2 or 3 shelves full and some dustbunny brained jackass "playing" them ALL in a round type fashion (round is where someone starts singing then 3 or 4 seconds later someone else starts to sing the same thing then another and another and so on).

I can only imagine a WHOLE aisle full going off (and I do NOT want to either)
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Agreed, when I used to work in the garden centre, there were these dancing Santas that did little dances to the tune of "Jinglebell Rock". The day after these toys went out (mid September, if you're interested), all the staff voted unanimously to remove the batteries from the display models and keep one at the front till if anyone wanted a demonstration. Basically, the constant sound of tinny "Jinglebell Rock" could reach every corner of the building at once, even me in the Pet Centre. Only those working outside were safe.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                          SQUEEK-squeek

SQUEEK-squeek

SQUEEK-squeek

Candygram?

SQUEEK-squeek

SQUEEK-squeek
                          Did you have Carnation Instant Creepy for breakfast this morning?

Comment

I have a low opinion of parents who give their child a toy or something to distract them/stop their whining during the shopping trip, then take it away at the checkout because they never intended to buy it.

Nine times out of ten when I saw that at the wholesale club, the child would start screaming because the toy had been taken away.

The worst was the child who started screaming when it was taken away, then went into the returns bin under my register to try to take it back. When it was taken away again and put out of his reach, he screamed louder, and his mother picked him up and carried him all the way up to the door and outside before putting him down. Whereupon the screaming kid ran back inside and up to my register-- where I had put the toy in the returns bin again. Hearing him coming, I took the toy out of reach again. The mother chased him down and carried him back outside again while the transaction was finished, and I could still hear him screaming outside.

Not too long after the family left, the father came back in and ended up buying the toy.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

You remember those Halloween toys that would react to sound? They shook and made a "oooo-EEEEE-oooo" noise over and over?

My mother and I were out shopping one day, and passed a big display of them. My mother, a notorious Halloween-hater, picked one up, said "God these things are obnoxious", and slammed it back down. Onto the metal shelf.

The ENTIRE DISPLAY of the things went off. It was a good 5 minutes before I could even stand up again from laughing so hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X