Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's for ummmm INSULIN! Yeah that's it!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's for ummmm INSULIN! Yeah that's it!!!

This happened last night, but I couldn't even process it until today. Let me set the scene for you.... I work in a drugstore, we're open from 8am to 10pm, as is our pharmacy section.

The players are:

K - our pharmacist, currently 8 months pregnant
    Me -
    C - cosmetics salesperson, just turned 18
    J - front register person, just turned 21
    B - manager, who for ONCE, got a spine (oh wait, I'm giving away the story aren't I??)

Evidently, SC (scruffy looking dude) came in around 9:30 pm and went to the pharmacy. He wanted to buy needles, yanno, syringes. Our store's policy, like alot of others', is no syringes without a valid prescription for something that needs to be injected. (You can imagine why) SC states that it's for "ummmm insulin"

K tells him that if he can produce a prescription or EVEN a vial of insulin, she will sell him the syringes. He stomps off.

Come 9:55, he's back (remember we close at 10). He's now DEMANDING that she sell him the syringes. She refuses. B is called and (wonder of wonders!!) backs K up. SC yells he's gonna call corporate customer service right now and they will make you do it!!!!! ELEVENTY!!!!!! Oh, and can I use your phone?

B & K tell him no and GTFO. He leaves the store, but stands right in FRONT of the door so that no one can leave without going through him. He then proceeds to call corporate customer service, which evidently tells him the same thing K & B have told him. Meanwhile, store is closed, closing chores are done, and B says "No one is leaving until that guy gets out of here." Finally, the guy leaves, or soooooo we thought

I found out today that he followed K almost all the way home (remember, she is 8 months pregnant and none of the rest of us - other than me - could really protect her if necessary - Yeah I'm bad ) I reminded her today that I live just a couple of miles from her and if that type of thing ever happens again, to come to my house. I have 2 BIG dogs, a BIG husband, and a pretty big son and we would take care of her.

Anyway, point of this story is how far people will go to get their fix

I'd like to point out pepper spray is fairly inexpensive on eBay... says the guy who bought a case of it for $45 after the last run in.
    "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

Was he on foot or in a car? I would get the license plate and have him arrested for stalking. Or, if he's on foot, same thing, call while walking to coworker's house and have the police intercept him. You really DON'T know how far he'll go, and it would be horrible if anything happened to any of you. People on drugs just don't act the same as a regular person, so watch out for him!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

That's the kind of SC that needs the cops called on him.

You just don't stalk a woman like that.
        Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

Call the cops. Also, I wouldn't rely on pepper spray as a solution when very pregnant and alone against someone crashing from not getting their drug fix of choice.

Comment

He was in a car, following K in her car. I sincerely hope that, when he tries to use her license plate to find out where she lives, he will get nowhere. I hope, I hope, I hope, but I also know that if you know the right people you can get just about any information.

Comment

Depending on the state, pepper spray might be illegal. A lot of things considered "offensive" weapons can be illegal in a lot of places. I lived somewhere that a lot of people were suggesting women carry those old fashioned huge hat pins for protection. Police made sure to let it be known that because of the laws for carrying weapons, if you were caught carrying one you'd best be wearing a hat (to prove you had a use for it other than as a weapon) or you might end up facing charges.

I agree with everyone else about calling the cops on anyone like that guy, logical or rational thinking just doesn't apply when drugs are involved.

In my state, it's legal to buy syringes, and most pharmacies sell them with no problem. I know. I looked it up one day on the internet, then even call the phramacy at wally world to make sure. Then I bought one. I was incredibly nervous buying something like that, so, since it was busy, I decided to make the pharmacists day by telling them I'd give them something to post on a pharmacy website or something as "weirdest reason given by a customer for buying a syringe". And then told them why I was buying it. Honest, this is 100% true.

I have, in my bathroom, a whole flock of those small rubber duckies. Most are in pairs - I have a hippie duck couple, a 50's duck couple, a bride & groom duck, a spaceman & alien duck, and so forth. I think they're cute, and I believe every room in the house should have something in it that makes me smile. Those do.

So, they usually stay on a shelf. But once a year, the granddaughter comes to stay for a few weeks. And she loves them, and takes baths with them when here. So they actually get wet. And most of them have little holes in the beak or on the bottom. So water gets inside, too.

So this year they sat around a little while after she went home, and I could see by some that were a bit more translucent than others that they had mildewed inside. Ick. And double ick for her using them again like that.

So, bleach kills mildew. But I had to get the bleach inside. And trying to squeeze out air and suck up bleach meant immersing them, and I was afraid the cute painted on features might come off on some. So I finally decided that I could use a syringe to inject bleach into those tiny little holes, and leave it a bit, and kill the mildew.

And it worked, it really did.

Madness takes it's toll....
              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Once, I thought someone was following me home after the paper route. I drove past my turnoff, and went to the closest place I could think of that would have people at that hour - the McDonald's drive-thru. As I pulled in, the car following me quickly did a screeching u-turn and drove off. I didn't see them again, but I was freaking out, since it meant they were following me.

If nothing else, go somewhere that has other people, preferably lots of other people. It can be hard that late at night, but it's what I was taught to do. The perp isn't going to do anything with witnesses around. And you don't want them to find out where you live!
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Depending on the state, pepper spray might be illegal.
                  That shouldn't really be a factor so much. I mean yes, some states do restrict it but... the pepper spray sellers I see on ebay won't ship to those states anyway.

He leaves the store, but stands right in FRONT of the door so that no one can leave without going through him.
                  The fact that his actions were scaring the employees in regards to their safety... that might not be a bad time to consider calling the police. Especially if you think he was trying to get needles for illegal practices.

Comment

Hey guys, let's remember that what's legal in some places isn't legal in others, so the OP may or may not be able to use some of these suggestions. We're starting to skirt the line a bit.
                    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Definitely get the cops on his ass. Who knows what he would do or is capable of doing (high or not). When I worked for a unnamed online pet medication company, I sometimes would have people call in asking or sometimes even demanding narcotics like Tramadol. The thing was we legally couldn't ship those and when we said that they would freak.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                        So, bleach kills mildew. But I had to get the bleach inside. And trying to squeeze out air and suck up bleach meant immersing them, and I was afraid the cute painted on features might come off on some. So I finally decided that I could use a syringe to inject bleach into those tiny little holes, and leave it a bit, and kill the mildew.

And it worked, it really did.
                        Hello, fellow duckie fan I'll spare you the list of duckies on my desk, and in my bathroom. But the hot rod devil duck looks bitchin' sitting on top of my car's dashboard

One of my duckies is gross on the inside, too (the glow in the dark one) I wonder if I could use an oral irrigator to shoot bleach inside. hmmm... thanks for the idea!
                        Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                        At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                          If nothing else, go somewhere that has other people, preferably lots of other people. It can be hard that late at night, but it's what I was taught to do. The perp isn't going to do anything with witnesses around. And you don't want them to find out where you live!
                          The one time I thought someone was following me, I went to the local state police barracks (which was close by) - yeah, they followed me into the parking lot, then exited very quickly when they realized where we were. The other time, I went to the county police repair facility (which was near my house) There probably aren't any officers around, especially in the dead of night, but a parking lot full of cruisers is pretty intimidating. It's good to know the locations of things like that, especially if driving alone late at night.
                          Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                          At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Another helpful tip: If you are being followed, and you know the area quite well, travel down some reads you wouldn't normally go as long as there's a clear way out. Why? If the person tries stalking you again, they may wait along the same road you went out of your way on the first time.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                              Another helpful tip: If you are being followed, and you know the area quite well, travel down some reads you wouldn't normally go as long as there's a clear way out. Why? If the person tries stalking you again, they may wait along the same road you went out of your way on the first time.
                              That's good advice. They don't have to learn your whole way home all at once.
                              Also with the pepper spray...if they're that high on something ..the pepper spray may have no effect on them. You should have definitly called the police when he was blocking the door.

Comment

Working...
                              X