X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop quiz time again!

Situation:

You've just purchased a digital camera and a memory card for the camera.

On your way out the door, the EAS pedestal goes off because the person who sold you the camera forgot to deactivate the security tag inside the package.

How do you respond? Do you:

A. Keep walking.

B. Turn around and wait patiently for the service desk person to finish up with her line of customers so she can deactivate the tag, or head to one of the open checkouts to have this done, or

C. Wait in line at the service desk, and return the camera and memory card and tell the service desk person the reason for the return is "the retard back there didn't deactivate the tag."

If you chose C, you are one of my customers. Please do all your shopping at Walmart from now on.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

What's most sad is this isn't the stupidest reason I've heard for returning something.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

In my store, you're supposed to ignore the beeping and keep going.

Most people, however, stand there and look around to see if anyone's going to ask to see a receipt. I get my kicks at the looks on their faces, then I respond with "Happy Beepday!" or something equally inane.

I mean, really, we can't afford the elaborate security detail we used to have (one guy).
      Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Wow, +10 on the dick-o-meter

Comment

It'd be funny if the guy had to wait in a long line just to return it too! MWAA HAA HAA

Comment

I have had people return stuff just because of the security tag being left on. I just don't get it. It takes two seconds to take the thing off with proof of receipt, 10x as long to return the freaking thing. I just don't understand people!
            "The old saying "The customer is always right" is Bull S*it, but you should always treat the customer with respect."~ Professor of Management at UTA

Comment

Once again my brain go splodie...................
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Seriously? I'm so glad I never had to do the service desk, because I'd have had a hard time not laughing at the idiot.

He buys a camera and when the clerk can't deactivate one of the likely 15 security tags IN THE BOX, (and there is never just ONE tag...) he takes it to the service desk for a return? *blinks* I think my brain just BSOD and refuses to accept the recover option..

What does amuse me is the fact that this guy probably charged the camera to a credit/debit card and now that amount is tied up in a hold... meaning, he can't spend it elsewhere to get another camera!
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                X