This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Submit to Your Non-Exsistant Authority

-"I'm looking for my car, I think it got towed from Massive Denial Apartments
    -"A red Focus? Yes, we have that vehicle, it will be $115 to pick up"
    - *GUFFAW!!!* "One Hundred and FIFTY!?"
    -"$115 Sir, one-one-five"
    -"How on EARTH do you JUSTIFY charging that much?! Towing a car is NOT $115 worth of work!!!!
    -"It's a fine Sir, price is set by Borough ordinance, it would cost the same if...
    -"No it's not"
    -"Excuse me, Sir?"
    -"There is no law that sets the price!"
    -"Uh, yes there is Sir. Per Borough towing ordinance, the cost of towing a vehicle that weighs less than 3/4 of a ton is set at $115, it would cost the same no matter who towed you or where you got towed from.
    - *laughs* "No it isn't! There is no such law! You guys are ...... heh...... whatever."
    - "There most certainly is Sir, in fact, I have a copy of the towing ordinance with me right now, because I'm most assuredly expected to know it since I have to follow it at all times."
    -"Whatever, I'll be in to get my car later"

The interesting thing is, he never tried to argue that since he felt there was no law... he shouldn't have to pay.... he just was adamant that there were no laws in place regarding illegal parking, but would pay the fines anyway.

I got an interesting mental image of him being led into a jail cell, and at the last second, turning to the jailer and saying

"I KNOW there's no law against wearing pink poofy pants in public, but, I'm going to serve my 6 months for doing that just the same! Because you guys are HILARIOUS!"
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Well...

O_o

That's...

o_O

Heck, if he's going to not believe in the law, but abide by the consequences of said non-existent laws anyway, who the heck cares what he believes?

He's paying to get his car back.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

A definite "WTF?!?" moment there ...

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Well...

O_o

That's...

o_O

Heck, if he's going to not believe in the law, but abide by the consequences of said non-existent laws anyway, who the heck cares what he believes?

He's paying to get his car back.
        I know! This guy is a dictator's dream citizen!
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

They all pay... Cash or trade.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
            They all pay... Cash or trade.
            True..but not sure I'd want anything he had to trade ...
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

He couldn't admit he was wrong, so he went for the classic tactic of denying reality while doing what he needed to do to get his car back.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Well, I'm sure that some never come and get their car, so they get sold to pay for the tow and storage fees...

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                  True..but not sure I'd want anything he had to trade ...
                  one brain, never used, missing logic circuits, and common sense?
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I'm guessing here that the SC is lucky that such a law is in place.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Can't find it right now, but somewhere I have a cartoon with a goofy-looking guy being led to Old Sparky, with priest in attendance, and the guy is telling the two guards, "Hey, come on, guys, a joke's a joke, now gimme my keys, I gotta get home!"
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

Comment

Hi. This is reality, and I won't let you do that.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Lady_Pigeon View Post
                            "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
                            "And I'll substitute it with a reality where I pay for my own mistakes! That'll show you-- wait."
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                            X