This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Syriilord View Post
    In the case of the 'Food Poisoning' lady, can I just say that although I am not a doctor, I have seen this enough times to be able to make a far more accurate diagnosis.

What is actually at play here is a highly degenerative form of Stupidity (a genetic condition). The normal treatment for this is a long-term (often life-long) regular dose of both Knowledge and Common Sense (these are the generic brands, consult your local pharmacist for available brands) administered from birth until symptoms of Stupidity are considerably diminished or completely cleared.

Sadly, not enough people are aware of this condition or its readily available cheap treatments these days. Please, everyone, do your part in educating the masses.
    this is priceless! I'm tempted to print it out & put it on my wall - along with a picture of Dr House
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I hate the phrase "common sense". It indicates that the phenomenon is common, when in fact it's so rare it should count as a superpower.
      The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        Contact food poisoning... Well, shellfish allergic reactions can occur from simply touching it, but actually getting a bacterial infection is much tougher.

Airborne perhaps?
        Only thing I'd have caught from the air that day was Stupidity.

Same for any form of contact contagion. Listening to her for a bit, it was quite clear she was going for the free food angle and tried to drag anyone she could into her delusion of competence.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
          this is priceless! I'm tempted to print it out & put it on my wall - along with a picture of Dr House
          Great, now I'm reading my own posts in Hugh Laurie's voice. Thanks.
          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Divra View Post
            I hate the phrase "common sense". It indicates that the phenomenon is common, when in fact it's so rare it should count as a superpower.
            Quoth Deadpool
            My common sense is tingling.
            ••••••••••
            Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

mbd - something wrong with the salad dressing (if any) or dairy ingredients in the dessert, maybe?

Or something else you ate earlier in the day...?

Hard to really tell >_< Just keep yer ears open; if a bunch of people who went to the same place report getting sick, then yeah, that may be the cause.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                Lobster sandwich? If it's the real thing, I'm game.
                Not sure how 'real' it is; but both Sub-Dub and McD in the Maritimes tend to have a lobster sandwich as a seasonal item.

Mom got her 'annual' McLobster over the weekend, and as usual wondered why she put herself through it. The sandwich was fine; but when you grow up having lobster fresh off the boat, cooked on the dock and delivered right to your house (she's a Caper with more than enough Lobster fishermen family and friends to supply a town), the restaurant versions are rather lacking.

Comment

With or without the accent? He does such a good Ameican accent, only one i"ve heard as good is Bob Hoskin.

Madness takes it's toll....
                  Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                    With or without the accent? He does such a good Ameican accent, only one i"ve heard as good is Bob Hoskin.
                    Either would be good I think.

Although don't forget John Barrowman. His is so natural it's weird hearing him use his original accent.

Comment

I was so used to hearing Hugh as House, that when he was doing the House retrospective before the final episode, I was like "Huh? Who's doing the voice over?". Took me a double take to realize it was Hugh's normal voice even when I was watching him on the screen.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                        I was so used to hearing Hugh as House, that when he was doing the House retrospective before the final episode, I was like "Huh? Who's doing the voice over?". Took me a double take to realize it was Hugh's normal voice even when I was watching him on the screen.
                        I was used to seeing him on Fry & Laurie, plus old episodes of Jeeves & Wooster, so I was suitably impressed when I first watched House. Most actors tend to drift a bit on accents in long parts, or have a few words they just don't get quite right. He was amazing.

I can hear accents wonderfully in my head, but have never been able to get my lips to get them out properly, sigh. Only one I can really do is southern American (posh or redneck versions) but that's just going back to my roots before decades of roaming the world muddied it up. My daughter is much better. After a short time in the local schools, we had many conversations trying to explain to people how our teenage daughter was English or Welsh (she could easily lapse into either accent) when hubby and I were clearly American

Madness takes it's toll....
                        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

In his House voice, or his Wooster voice?
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                            In his House voice, or his Wooster voice?
                            House. Definitely House.

Remember, it's never Lupus. Unless it is......

Also, speaking of actors who's natural accent is vastly different from his most recognised role: David Tennant. I never heard his actual accent (Scottish) until after he finished Dr. Who....
                            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

I eat out quite a bit. My hubby and I have only had food poisoning once. We went to an Italian restaurant we had eaten at on multiple occasions and both ordered the same thing. We were both really sick the next day and went to the doctor. The doctor determined we had food poisoning. I really liked this restaurant so I did call and let them know what had happened. I did not demand anything from them or scream at anyone. I just wanted to let someone there know what happened in case there were other people who had gotten sick. This is a small business with one location and they did offer to give us a refund but I told them they did not need to. I have been back to this place since and never had another issue. My parents eat at this place quite a bit and the owners actually apologized to my parents and asked if we were ok. This restaurant is about 45 minutes from my house so we do not visit often and the owners know this. After we declined the refund the manager gave my parents a discount on their next meal because he felt bad that we got sick from their food.

Comment

House. Definitely House.

Also, speaking of actors who's natural accent is vastly different from his most recognised role: David Tennant. I never heard his actual accent (Scottish) until after he finished Dr. Who....
                                Both of them I have the "who is that" when they do their back-of stage programs. Completely confuses me!
                                I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                                X