This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers who don't want a manager but they want to complain

Why oh why come up to me and say you just wanted to let me know "blah blah blah-complain" I ask if you want a manager bc i can't do anything, no no they don't want a manager they just want to bitch at you and then you have to awkwardly apologize at the end of the conversation just to get them to leave.

I get this on the phone all the time. "I had to wait 20 minutes! You're losing customers that way! You need to hire more people!!"

Offer to transfer them to the manager, and I get..."No, I don't have time for that."

Well, you just spent 20 minutes on the phone waiting for me and blew half the phone call bitching about the wait time, so what's a couple more minutes when you could use it to tell THE PERSON WITH THE POWER TO CHANGE THINGS.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

They just want someone who they know will take their abuse and who has to take their abuse. For some people, it's a power trip.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        I get this on the phone all the time. "I had to wait 20 minutes! You're losing customers that way! You need to hire more people!!"
        "Oh, I'm sorry; you came through to Accounts - let me transfer you to Complaints *click*"
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

they wanted a personal punching bag that's not allowed to tell them to STFU

Comment

"Oh, I'm sorry; you came through to Accounts - let me transfer you to Complaints *click*"
            Don't I wish!

As far as telling them to STFU, I never do, but if they keep ranting I just keep getting louder:

"Sir? SIR? SIR!! MR. BLARGLE!!!!"

When I finally get their attention, I very politely go on with the business they called about.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X