Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh so you're an environmentalist are you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh so you're an environmentalist are you?

I was ringing out this family yesterday and I could tell the dad was a jerk (didn't know that while i was on break the mother had freaked out about a 1 dollar coupon, but I digress) so I ring up their items which include two globes (lights), he asks me you're going to wrap those arent you (no shit), of course- i reply with a smile, I tell them the total and run over to get some bags to wrap the globes when i come back the guy is wrapping the globes with the stack of paper ads on the counter, I stop him and tell him i have bags, he huffs and puffs and says that those bags make him mad because they're bad for the environment. Umm okay you don't want to use my bags because they are bad for the environments but you want to waste paper that use to be trees and the thing that pisses me off the most is that this customer and others alike think they can just come up and take what they want off the counters, that doesn't even belong to them or isn't intended for the purpose they are using it for

I'm not sure if plastic bags can be recycled (though I think many places do) but they can certainly be reused, if he's that sensitive about it. I used to bring mine to the thrift shop where I volunteered. No, it's not a perfect solution, but ...

And if he's that worried about the environment, of course he could've brought his own packing material -- old T-shirts, for example -- to keep the globes from breaking ...

Comment

In my store, we keep the plastic wrappings that the clothes come packed in, and put it all into bin liners. Then when a customer needs something wrapped, we use that - at least it means the plastic is getting used again.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I hate when people grab stuff off my counters and they did it alllll weekend...
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

not to mention other customers can use the fliers.
          around here we save a lot of plastic bags to use as trash bags.

and the t-shirt method really works well too. i use to use those for shipping fragile stuff

Comment

It would be nice to tell him that his ATTITUDE is bad for YOUR environment! If he's definitely a tree-hugger, he'd probably understand, no offense against environmentalists.

I bet he stormed outside after that and drove away in his gas-guzzling, 10-miles-to-the-gallon SUV. If you questioned that with his environmental opinion, he'd simply say, "I know, but I like to travel in STYLE!"

Comment

Working...
            X