Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Customer Walks Into A Bar. (In My Life, This is Usually the Start of a Joke...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, here in the UK (especially the North), we wear tee-shirts only until it is into the late 30's F.
    The Dutch etc. think we are nuts.

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
      Ok, now let's be fair, they are probably wearing light clothing that they wouldn't wear at home in similar conditions (40-50 degree weather). Most of us Northerners start wearing sweatshirts, and sweaters, when the temps get that low. Not something you are likely to pack on a trip to Key West.
      True, but these are often people from the same regions where people will hear about the forties and fifties at other times of the year and boast, "Oh, in the winter in [Northern City], if it gets up to those temps, we're walking around in shorts and t-shirts."

Just saying.

By the way, apparently today was Douchebag Tuesday. My day started out with a bunch of idiots who ran up a $40 tab and left me one bright shiny quarter, because I gave them "attitude" by asking them if they wanted to go cups when they made it clear they were done ordering drinks. While I did get some decent people in, the day as a whole didn't get all that much better, and I was uncharacteristically cranky all day.

Meh.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        T"Oh, in the winter in [Northern City], if it gets up to those temps, we're walking around in shorts and t-shirts."
        Unless they were freakin' elves or penguins, they are idiots.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I won't argue that they are idiots. But there must be a lot of idiots up north, because this is a very common thing I hear. Seriously.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I won't argue that they are idiots. But there must be a lot of idiots up north, because this is a very common thing I hear. Seriously.
            Brings to mind a quote by Jeff Foxworthy.

He was talking about a show he was doing up in Minnesota or maybe one of the Dakotas, and this fan invited him to go ice fishing with them.

Foxworthy: "Thanks, but I don't think I wanna be that cold."
            Them: "Oh, it's not that cold. We build a big bonfire out on the lake."
            Foxworthy: "...and you call us stupid in the South?"
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              Having kids does not prove you're of age. A twelve-year-old can have a kid.
              The youngest mother on record was 5 years old. Wikipedia has a list of over 200 mothers under the age of 12.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Last Thursday was, apparently, Stupid Thursday. Cause I had some winners, both customers and coworkers alike. But the MVP of Stupid Thursday hands down was this one woman that came in.

She sat down, ordered a drink, and then after I served her the drink, she ordered a bowl of soup. Not french onion or anything that required any cooking or baking time to serve...just one of our other soups. So, I rang it in, and as I was not exceptionally busy and we don't have a food runner on during the day, I immediately went back into the kitchen, got the soup, and brought it out to her. To which she said, "Wow! That was fast! Did you guys already have it made?"

Why, yes ma'am, I'm afraid we did. Clearly we are not like the swanky restaurants you frequent that apparently make every bowl of soup to order.

Seriously, what kind of world do you live in that you are shocked that SOUP is already made and ready to go? It's SOUP. It pretty much HAS to be premade, or it's going to SUCK BALLS. It's fucking soup!

And that, my friends, is why she was the undisputed MVP of Stupid Thursday.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Soup, unless it's in a can, takes time to make, and has to be pre-made.

Yeah, she's an award winner for sure.
                  "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Another one from yesterday, though not in the class of the Soup Lady:

HER: "How many coconut shrimp come in an order?"
                    ME: [straight-faced] "Six or half a dozen, your choice."
                    HERE: [pondering the options for several moments] "...Just six, please."

Yes, I use that line a lot. Yes, most people get it. Even the ones that don't get it immediately do after a few moments, and a moment. This one....didn't.

Still A Customer."

Comment

What wonderful irony...I went to eat at ...er...Multi-national Home of Flapjacks today and saw potato/bacon/cheese soup on the menu -- seeing as how I needed something to warm me up and it's one of my fave soups of all time, I ordered some and placed the main order, as well. The soup came out half an hour later (strike 1), at the same time as all the rest of the food (strike 2 -- it's an app, dammit), and, of course, it was room temperature at best (strike 3)...I wonder if I can give a strike 4 for the taste? It was...not good. I would describe the flavor as being almost but not entirely unlike potato soup -- and I sure as hell didn't see nor taste any bacon in there. I've had better soups in the sorts of dives where you need to check to make sure the flatware is clean before you eat with them >_>

On the plus side, I had their baconator-ish omelet and it ROCKED.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

ID's, Temperatures, and Soup

I'm going to revert us back to ID conversation for just a brief moment: *CRANK*

I always have my ID out and ready whenever I'm buying (or going someplace) that I expect or even just MIGHT be carded for. I mean, I'm 22, but I've been mistaken for a 16/17 year old. So I expect to be carded, I have my ID already in my hand before you can ask me. I don't go out drinking a lot, but when I buy booze (mm... butterscotch schnappes and cream sode...) to drink at home, you bet that card is out in my hand.

Okay: *UNCRANK!*

Hehe, for some reason I adjust very, very quickly to climates/local temperatures. It's been uncharacteristically hot where I am, yet I'm only bothered by it for maybe 15 minutes before all of a sudden "Whoop! I don't even feel it anymore." Unless there is something like a wind or AC blow RIGHT on me. Then I can feel it. I wonder why all these people always get tweeky about the weather when we have things like the MYSTERIOUS AND MAGICAL INTERWEBICAL THING. That can give them a fairly good estimate of what the temperature/weather is going to be like.

COM'MON PEOPLE! Use those smart phones that you spend so much money on to be able to play angry birds when something is taking 1.2343582 seconds too long to occur for you.

On the topic of Soup:

mmm....soup....
                        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          It was...not good. I would describe the flavor as being almost but not entirely unlike potato soup -- and I sure as hell didn't see nor taste any bacon in there. I've had better soups in the sorts of dives where you need to check to make sure the flatware is clean before you eat with them.
                          Hmmm, I wonder what the problem was?

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          I went to eat at ...er...Multi-national Home of Flapjacks
                          Oh, yeah, that would do it.

Still A Customer."

Comment

There was an upside to it -- it was free. A roomie had a coupon for a free meal and didn't wanna go alone, so I got treated.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp07112012.shtml

thought this might make you smile.

Comment

That resulted in a deep, thoughtful, evil smile from me as I contemplated the possibilities........

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X