This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's REDICULOUS!!!

So no sooner do I get in the door today at 6pm than the phone rings, guy on the other end says we towed his car earlier in the day before I came on shift and wants to know what it will cost to get it back, he says it was a Silver SUV, we have only one of those in the pile of impound paperwork.

Me - Well Sir, it looks like it was towed at 1:30pm, so, as long as you pick it up before 1:30pm tomorrow afternoon, it will cost $115. If you wait until after 1:30 you'll owe a day of storage at $35 per full 24 hour increment.
    Him - So what you're sayin' is it's gonna cost me $65 MORE than a regular tow to get my car back, that's what you're sayin'?
    Me - Regular tow? I don't understand what you mean Sir
    Him - The last time I got towed, it only cost me $50, and now you're just chargin' me more?! That's what you're sayin'?!
    Me - $50 is for a service tow to a garage, but impounded vehicles cost $115 to release.
    Him - Even if the cops had me towed in?
    Me - Yes Sir, it doesn't matter who calls us, be it the police or a property owner, any vehicle towed in and impounded costs $115, the prices are set by...
    Him - *Interrupting* Well you know what I think? I THINK THIS IS FU*KING BULLS*IT!!! *CLICK*

Hmmm, wonder who burned his toast this morning? He certainly was a bit wound up, hmm, glancing at the tow sheet again .... under "reason for tow" he was indeed called in by the cops, who pulled him over in the 1200 block of E Main Street, for driving with expired plates, oh, and what's this? There's a little note that says "Do Not Release Without Authorization from District Magistrate", so not only was he driving around on expired plates... but they TOOK the plates and won't give them back until he squares up with the Judge.....

So driving around on expired registration is A-OK, but having to pay to get your car out of impound when they catch you doing it is F-ING-BS?

Uh, yeah, sure........

And tell me Sir, just how long have you been suffering from these mass delusions and what medications have you tried to control them with? Cuz' your physician needs to really try something else.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Well, see, those inconvenient little laws don't apply to him, do they?

As for medications, my guess is that he self-medicates.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I can already see where its going tomorrow too.

"But but I called in and Argabarga said I could have it back if I paid! Now you're just gonna drag your feet so I have to pay storage fees!"

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Huh? Weren't laws only applicable if convenient? *confused*
        I still miss my ex.
        But my aim is getting better.

Comment

Great. Sometimes your titles get me thinking about quotes from The Princess Bride. Now I'm going to have those scenes floating through my mind all day.

Well I suppose there are worse fates.
          "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

I don't know about your jurisdiction, but around here they'll just ticket you for expired plates and require you to fix that within 30 days. Which makes me think he had more going on than expired plates. No insurance? Suspended license?
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth 2gigch1 View Post
              Great. Sometimes your titles get me thinking about quotes from The Princess Bride. Now I'm going to have those scenes floating through my mind all day.

Well I suppose there are worse fates.
              Not only that, this one reminds me of Judge Judy.

Comment

Sounds like he needs to just forget the car and get himself a bicycle instead. Or a scooter. Or a tricycle. Leave the big complicated vehicles to the people who can deal with the bullshit, aka adults.

Comment

That is going to be fun when he comes into pay...
                  The angels have the phone box.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                    I don't know about your jurisdiction, but around here they'll just ticket you for expired plates and require you to fix that within 30 days. Which makes me think he had more going on than expired plates. No insurance? Suspended license?
                    Agreed. When I (unknowingly--you expect your parents to keep that up-to-date) did that, I was only ticketed. Good thing that doesn't up your insurance rates.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

As for medications, my guess is that he self-medicates.
                      Somehow I think his self-medication is extreme large doses of "entitlement whore extract".

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                        In my town (in Ohio) they'll impound the car for expired (a.k.a. "Fictitious") registration/plates. Of course, in my town, the cops are so bored that they have pulled me over 4 times in the past couple of months, for no other reason than that I was driving around bar let-out time. They seemed disappointed to find out I was just making a late night trip to the gym.
                        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Things vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and cop to cop. What one cop may do, another may not. Also, sometimes the person involved has a lot to do with it as well. Perhaps the cops might have just written him a ticket, but he was a raging asshole to them, and they figured, "Why not?" Since it probably was within their discretionary powers to do so for the violation in question.

Just saying. And would any of us really be surprised if this guy went from ticket to impound because of his raging assholeishness?

(Hmm, not sure if assholeishness is the right word. Assininity? Assholeitude?)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            (Hmm, not sure if assholeishness is the right word. Assininity? Assholeitude?)
                            Assmasstery?

But yeah, he was an ass. I really do suspect that something else was going on beyond simply the bad plates. It would explain the delay between towing and his call...
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                            X