This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb-ster

BG: I work at a call center for a company that delivers units to homes that you can fill with your stuff, and we'll move it, store it, burn it (not really) whatever. We offer ancillary items (locks, rope, boxes, dollies etc) including, for those of you doing home remolding / repair, a B*gster. A b*gster can be purchased at most improvement stores. You fill it up with garbage and waste management takes it to the dump when you're done. Remember, we only sell the bag....end BG

Me:
    SC: Sucky / stupid / sanctimonious...you decide
    CW: A bit on the "duh" side
    Thoughts: My thoughts

Me: (Opening line) How may I help you?

CW: I have SC on the phone, she wants her B*gster removed. What's a B*gster?

Thoughts: Duh, I taught you that, CW. C'mon

Me: Ok, put SC through, I'll speak with her.

Me: Hi, this is Lie. I hear you need your B*gster removed.

SC: Yes, why didn't you pick it up when you took my stuff to storage????

Me: We don't pick up the B*gster, waste management does. Have you called them?

Thoughts: Duh, the number is all over the B*gster for pick up and removal, idiot.

SC: Why should I? You sold it to me, so YOU should pick it up!!!

Me: Ma'am, we don't pick up garbage and take it to the dump, we only sell the item to put the refuse in. Call the number on the item and arrange a pick up.

SC: I don't have the number!!!

Me: I can give it to you.

SC: I'm driving! Email it!
    Me: Ok, I emailed the number.

SC: I'm appalled that NO ONE at your company can take this away!!! I'm a dentist and if I get cited for refuse on my lawn, I'll lose my license!!!

Thoughts: BS, SC. Not my fault you're calling the wrong company.

Me: I am sorry, ma'am (note, I did not call her "Doctor", screw her).

A few hours later I get an email from her, stating that I owe her $150 for her troubles. Hmmmm, waste management charges $100 to take the garbage away, so she want ME to pay for the pick up, and line her EW pocket with an extra $50 for her stupidity. Yes, we sold you a bag to cram your trash in, but you have to:

1: Call the number for waste management to have it removed as per the instructions ON the package, or...

2: Call the number for waste management as per the instructions IN the package, or...

3:Call the number for waste management as per the instructions ON the unit ITSELF!!!!!

How many years of college did you have to become a dentist before you realized you can't read???

You get 150 eff you's. Hope you read this, bitch. Yes, you. I'm waving at you
    "Don't tell me what I can't do!" - John Locke

Errp, sorry about the lack of consistency in my bold vs. regular fonts and such, still new here

Comment

I hope she is never my dentist.

Comment

She'll ask you to take out her garbage! And bill you $150 if you don't!

Comment

Sure Ma'am we can issue you $150 for your troubles. Of course, there is a $450 processing fee for these kinds of things. As soon as we have that in hand we'll be happy to have that $150 on its way right away!

Comment

My 1992 BossholeTM (also known as Bosshole the First), who ran the landscaping company, was always having me (the idiot secretary) calling up dumpster people for quotes, and frequently we wouldn't get a quote for leave AND pickup. Bosshole would yell at me and have me call them back, but usually when there was just a quote for leave, it meant they couldn't haul the trash because of a local law or something.

My boss just refused to deal with a second company for pickups because it always cost him more.

Oh, and there was one time he went with someone whose quote was for leave and pickup, but NOT picking up a FULL dumpster. They refused to touch it when they saw it full of leaves and stuff. That was a real mess.
            Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

That lady is on to something. Maybe I can ask *retail store* to take out my trash, since I bought my trash bags from them. I also bought kitty litter, will they scoop the litter box?
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Zoom View Post
                My 1992 BossholeTM (also known as Bosshole the First), who ran the landscaping company, was always having me (the idiot secretary) calling up dumpster people for quotes, and frequently we wouldn't get a quote for leave AND pickup. Bosshole would yell at me and have me call them back, but usually when there was just a quote for leave, it meant they couldn't haul the trash because of a local law or something.

My boss just refused to deal with a second company for pickups because it always cost him more.

Oh, and there was one time he went with someone whose quote was for leave and pickup, but NOT picking up a FULL dumpster. They refused to touch it when they saw it full of leaves and stuff. That was a real mess.
                Ok, I get why they'd quote pick-up seperate frome drop off, but why wouldn't they take a full dumpster? Isn't that kind of the point - drop them, cutomer fills it, pick it back up?
                Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                  why wouldn't they take a full dumpster? Isn't that kind of the point?
                  They only rented out the dumpster, and probably didn't have the heavy lifting mechanism to empty it. Also some of these companies got miffed if you put the wrong sort of material into it (not sure why-- but dumping laws must have been part of the reason).
                  Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth Zoom View Post
                    They only rented out Also some of these companies got miffed if you put the wrong sort of material into it (not sure why-- but dumping laws must have been part of the reason).
                    Around here the landfill tax is steadily increasing, and if the site you are taking it to decides the waste is 'contaminated' (and I'm not just talking about chemicals, even some plant matter counts), the price goes up _massively_. So yeah, disposal is a headache.

Comment

i'm betting this is also partly why there's such a big issue with people illegally dumping / sneaking to apartment or retail dumpsters. cos they don't want to actually pay to have their trash hauled off

Comment

Working...
                      X