Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i know ur brain needs to work to be alive, but...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know ur brain needs to work to be alive, but...

It seems that I get tired travelers and tired means cranky brattiness galore. Oh the fun. Note: I have very low tolerance for stupidity. I tend to have "Are you stupid?" look on.

Idiot 1: Keys not working!
    Me: Let's see. *goes up and opens door* Works perfectly fine.
    I1: How...lemme try! *drunkenly put in key, bending and twisting it* See, not working!
    Me: *opens door again w/same key*
    I1: *snatches it Tries again* Still not! I'm complaining to your manager! It is sooooo inconvenient...
    Me: ok...

Idiot 2: Your garage? It is NOT there.
    Me: Excuse me?!?!?! That'll be news to the 47 that's parked there.
    I2: It's not there, I've looked around!
    Me: It's there.
    I2: It's NOT THERE.
    Me:

FInally the manager spoke with her (I couldn't, for fear of strangling her) and she found it in five minutes. What a dumbass.

Idiot 3: Why are you taking my money?
    Me: Because we are a business?
    I3: Don't you sass me, I've been to hundreds of your hotels and they've never charged me!
    Me: All our hotels charge.
    I3: Lies! I've been to hundreds!
    Me: Maybe you should talk to a manager, since you don't believe me...
    I3: No thank you, I am not stupid! I'm very intelligent! I understand hotels are a business and they charge but why did they charge the card I gave at check in?
    Me:
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Number 3. Wow. I don't think you're as intelligent as you think you are.
    I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Idiot 1 - Soooo been there.

No, sir, it works... but it has a built in idiot detector. I'm afraid you don't meet the minimum requirements for this room.

Idiot 2 - Sounds like an episode of Doctor Who...

Idiot 3 - No no, we're that hotel that gets by without charging people... And what is the deal with putting a *Different* card than the one you want to pay with on the room?? I get that all the time. (I mean I get it if they are paying cash,debit card sure.) But "Let me put the room on this card, but pay with this other one..." Just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Wow. Perhaps they can live and breathe, but the ability to walk and chew gum at the same time in these situations is suspect...

Comment

Quoth Skarredmind View Post
          But "Let me put the room on this card, but pay with this other one..." Just doesn't make sense to me.
          based on my experience working previously as a CC customer service rep, they probably reserved a number of rooms on the card, and some/all the hotels didn't release the hold when they made the actual charge, so now that card is useless until the hold falls off naturally in around 12 BUSINESS days. I've noticed the majority of hotels, gas stations & car rental companies don't bother to release holds, so they are actually tying up double the cost of whatever

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
            based on my experience working previously as a CC customer service rep, they probably reserved a number of rooms on the card, and some/all the hotels didn't release the hold when they made the actual charge, so now that card is useless until the hold falls off naturally in around 12 BUSINESS days. I've noticed the majority of hotels, gas stations & car rental companies don't bother to release holds, so they are actually tying up double the cost of whatever
            In my experience, it's usually the bank/CC company not releasing the hold. We release them every single time at checkout (can't check out the room if there's still a hold in place, our system won't let us.), but customers still call to complain about the holds. Turns out they call their bank, the bank says WE didn't release the hold, but when we call the bank, it's their automated system they tell us is to blame.

Comment

Working...
            X