This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
    I was under the impression that the people who intended to do naughty things to your plush creations were the ones who asked you to make a "puppet." (I remember that one customer you had who suspiciously wanted a hole in the plush that fit the exact dimensions of a fleshlight.)

I'm with you on this one - if they intend to do that stuff, DON'T TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT.
    You're thinking of somebody else, I've never had anybody ask for a suspicious puppet. In fact I've VERY rarely had anybody be perverted at me about this stuff at all. Just on the rare occasions when it does happen I just have to share the pain.
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Quoth Freak View Post
      Spark, given you make My Little Pony plushies, it's possible the commenter had heard about the infamous Lyra plushie (to everyone else: you don't want to know), and assumed all custom plushies for MLP were like that. A stupid assumption all the same.
      Honestly that the Lyra plush exists doesn't bother me in the least. When I saw it my reaction was to laugh. I am not lying when I say I don't care what people get up to with this stuff! If plush love is your thing, have fun!

But making judgmental assumptions about other people is never cool, and it gets under my skin in a way that even the customers who flat-out are perverts at me don't.

And if I went any further about it I'd be getting into fratching territory, so I'll stop there.

(And also yes, since I do sell many of these toys to children, having that kind of crap on the comments of my stuff is uncool, so even if it didn't bother me personally I'd still be deleting this nonsense.)
      The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Comment

The surest way to get people to Google something is to make a "You really don't want to know" declaration about it. That was how I was tempted to Google "goatse" (and if you don't know what that is, trust me: you really, really, really don't want to know).

[Yu see wat I did thar? ]

Comment

Quoth Cat Herder View Post
          Herded the cats. Wet pr0nt, anybody?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The Lyra plush honestly didn't surprise me at all.
            That was how I was tempted to Google "goatse" (and if you don't know what that is, trust me: you really, really, really don't want to know).
            I was tricked into clicking on a link to it many, many years ago. No matter how much brain bleach I use I still cannot get it entirely out of my head (I think a friend of mine retaliated against the person who did it with something so bad she refused to tell me what it was).
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I've never seen goatse. I witnessed a few attempts to get people to click a link it, and waited for somebody *else* to go first and find out, and then witnessed their reaction, so I know what it is, but I've still never actually seen it.

Comment

The surest way to get people to Google something is to make a "You really don't want to know" declaration about it. That was how I was tempted to Google "goatse" (and if you don't know what that is, trust me: you really, really, really don't want to know).

I've known about that place for, gah, 10 years? Not sure, really. And I have never, EVER looked it up. I know what it's about. Same as tubgirl, or 2girls1cup, but I don't have to live with the visuals in my head, thank the cosmos. There is a long, long list of sites I have been warned never to visit, and most of them I have no intention of ever looking at. Do not want to see. At all. Ever.

So I'm going to go watch Harold & Kumar, because I really need to stop thinking about this stuff for a while.
                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Re: goatse and similar mind-bad pictures.

"Harlequin fetus" is another one. Back when I did a sprite-comic, our resident "beating stick" character (who more or less existed solely to kill and him in comedic and violent ways) was tortured once by forcing him to look at a picture of that. I did not include the picture in the comic, but did warn people "Do NOT look for that picture."

Of course I had people give me grief about it.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

from bash.org:
                    #434593 +(12138)- [X]

*** Topic in #doghouse is 'Our hearts are extended to the 17 victims of the recent internet fraud'
                    * Anubis has joined #doghouse
                    <Anubis> what fraud?
                    <Kadmium> You haven't heard about it?
                    <Anubis> no?
                    <Kadmium> You can read the full story at www tubgirl com
                    <Anubis> omg wtf!
                    *** Kadmium changes topic to 'Our hearts are extended to the 18 victims of the recent internet fraud'
                    Last edited by suburbandecay; 08-13-2012, 06:55 PM. Reason: had to remove the "helpful" url tags it put on that link. no one needs that

Comment

I have never seen 2g1c or tubgirl; based on vague descriptions I have an idea of what they are, but not enough to give me the actual image (for which I am eternally grateful).
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Still don't know what goatse is. Ain't gonna go find out, neither. Might be interested in a clue, but I can live without it.

Heard enough about 2girls1cup; I'll pass, thanks.

Got conned into checking out tubgirl. The con artist paid dearly for that.

Comment

Goatse is a display of a particular fetish that nobody without that interest (or without a medical interest) would ever want to see.

None of that stuff bothers me. Eh, whatever, shrug and move on.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            Goatse is a display of a particular fetish that nobody without that interest (or without a medical interest) would ever want to see.

None of that stuff bothers me. Eh, whatever, shrug and move on.

^-.-^
                            Fetish? What fetish? I saw it before, so I know what it is, but it's a fetish? WTF?
                            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                              Fetish? What fetish? I saw it before, so I know what it is, but it's a fetish? WTF?
                              Rule 34 at its most disgusting.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                                I have never seen 2g1c or tubgirl; based on vague descriptions I have an idea of what they are, but not enough to give me the actual image (for which I am eternally grateful).
                                Consider yourself lucky . . .let's just say that she makes everything XXX rated look tame by comparison and leave it at that, okay?

And don't google goaste either . . . . not quite as bad as Tubgirl but pretty damned close.

*runs to the fridge for another drink even though she's got to go in at 6 a.m. tomorrow*
                                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                                X