This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth depechemodefan View Post
    In Spanish, "cockroach" (cucaracha) is used as a term for the vagina.
    That's backwards! It should be the guy's that is called a cockroach! It invades and leaves unwanted infestations!
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
      Another example, a "faggot" is a bundle of sticks. Guess what a lot of Americans think "fag/faggot" means?
      And in Brit slang it's a cigarette.

Which makes Maura O'Connell's Irish Blues safe for work, I guess...

...He stands at the corner
      A fag in his mouth
      Two hands in his pockets
      He whistles me out...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
        Nado...lovey dovey dovey uh oh oh oh...
        I was thinking more along the lines of this song, but yeah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WzHhtkF8JM&feature=fvst
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

That's backwards! It should be the guy's that is called a cockroach! It invades and leaves unwanted infestations!
          I just about fell out of my chair!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            I wouldn't want word to get out that "American Chinese food" has almost nothing to do with actual Chinese cuisine >_> I happen to like our wonderful bastardization of their grub (read: Mandarin Chicken with brown gravy), and I'd like to be able to keep getting it .
            I've tried both, and I do like both. It's really difficult to find authentic Chinese cuisine where I am, so I'll take the Americanized version for now.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I don't get it. I love the sound of the Japanese and Chinese language. The only time Chinese can get a little irritating is when they get really angry and start screaming at each other (but I think that's more in how the Chinese tend to argue -lots of repetition- rather than the language itself.)
              I had a roommate from Hong Kong for a semester when I was in college. Because of the time difference, the best time for her to call home (this was pre-cell phone days, so the dorm room phone was the best option) was when I was trying to sleep, after 11pm at night. I could mostly tune it out, except whenever she'd throw an English word in there - then my brain would immediately turn on because it ceased being white noise. It doesn't help one of the English words she would use would be 'roommate' You couldn't find another word to talk about me behind my back in front of my face?
              Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
              At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Re: "orientals"
                Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                That term is used pretty much exclusively by older folks. I've never heard somebody my age refer to Asians that way.
                I'm a bit older, I think: late 40s; My friend in college would say "Ornamentals" for a laugh. Then we'd tell him he was still being racist. He was black. Hours of amusement...
                Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Yes the term "orientals" is used by older people. My mother was one of those who insisted in calling all asian people orientals and all black people coloreds. And she loved using the phrase "there's a ni**er in the woodpile somewhere"....Drove me nuts. But she wasn't a bigot....oh no!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I've noticed an infestation here. Everywhere I look, in fact. Nothing but undeveloped, unevolved, barely conscious pond scum, totally convinced of their own superiority as they scurry about their short, pointless lives.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I believe this is relevant....
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                        I've noticed an infestation here. Everywhere I look, in fact. Nothing but undeveloped, unevolved, barely conscious pond scum, totally convinced of their own superiority as they scurry about their short, pointless lives.
                        Hey, Mr. Hero. I have a friend I want you to meet. His name is the Noisy Cricket.
                        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

"There are ways to behave in public."

Oui, madamoiselle. Je ne savais pas que les Etats-Unis avaient adopté une loi contre le parlant une autre langue. Sortez, ou je vais appeler la police et leur dire que je vous ai vu jeter un oeil dans les jeunes enfants.
                          WIN!

Some people's kids...

Comment

I wouldn't actually say this to her, but this is what I'd like to say: "It's okay, Ms Ignorant Lady, I can't say much for other Asian ethnicities but Korean people are racist to every other race there is. Even other Korean people. I mean, we have a North and South Korea. That's how racist Korean people are."

(I'm Korean and I'm just joking.)

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                              yeah I'm pretty sure General Tso didn't cook glazed chicken.
                              A few years back, the LA Times had an article (reprinted in the Newark Star-Ledger) about General Tso's chicken. They actually tracked down Tso Tsung-t'ang's great^3-grandson, who still lived in Hunan Province somewhere. He seemed completely bewildered:

Quoth LA Times
                              "We have chickens here. We make chicken. But it's nothing special," says Zuo Kuanxun, sitting in the shade of his open-front house a few yards from the general's old homestead. As he speaks, a hen wanders in. "You say millions of Americans are familiar with our ancestor?"

His son, Zuo Jingyou, offers this: "It's been forgotten here. We Zuos have all heard stories about it. But did it come from him? We don't know."
                              Quoth LA Times
                              "You're telling me there's a chicken dish named in his memory?" says Geng Ermao, proprietress of a family-style restaurant in Changsha, the provincial capital of Hunan. Her face wrinkles. "You say Americans who eat Chinese food are familiar with his name? I don't know of it, and you'd think I'd know."
                              Last edited by Shalom; 08-08-2012, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Quoth iPanda View Post
                                I wouldn't actually say this to her, but this is what I'd like to say: "It's okay, Ms Ignorant Lady, I can't say much for other Asian ethnicities but Korean people are racist to every other race there is. Even other Korean people. I mean, we have a North and South Korea. That's how racist Korean people are."

(I'm Korean and I'm just joking.)
                                My boyfriend also says this...as serious. (He's also Korean. Made in Bucheon )

Comment

Working...
                                X