This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overreact Much?

I typed this thread a few days ago but forgot to post for some reason. This customer was a definite scammer.

I am running the floor and it is quite busy. It's getting towards the end of breakfast and for some reason all the customers decided they wanted one at the last minute. There are several similar meals under the heatlamps. I grab two and head out. They are for a mother and daughter.

Me: Hi there, I've got an adult breakfast?
    SC: That's me.
    Me: And a childs-

I put the plate down. I look at it and see that I have accidentally grabbed another adult breakfast rather than a childs. Whoops. It's also worth noting that both meals were exactly the same, the only difference being that the adults version is bigger.

Me: Oops. I'm sorry, I've accidentally grabbed the wrong meal. I will just take this back and get the correct one. I will be ten seconds.

I turned around. I heard her scoff and grumble. I get to the kitchen, put the meal back under the heat lamp and grab the correct one. Sorted in less than ten seconds. I returned.

Me: Here we are. Sorry about that little mix up, enjoy your-

She was actually stuttering with rage.

SC: You-you-y-y-y-y-you know what?! How dare you?! Y-y-you know, just how dare you do that to my child?!!?
    Me: I'm very sorry, it was just a simple mistake-
    SC: THIS IS MY CHILD! YOU GAVE THE WRONG MEAL TO MY CHILD!
    Me: Like I said-
    SC: The wrong meal was placed in front of my child! You made a mistake involving my child!

For once, I am speechless. I seriously thought she was going to start clenching her chest from a heart attack.

SC: I am - I am - I am - I am furious! I am more than furious! Where's your manager?
    Me: I will just-
    SC: Where's the manager?
    Me: I'll be right-
    SC: Where. Is. The. Manager????

I walked away. She followed me to the bar. I quickly went out the back and explained the situation and that the woman was quite clearly insane. I brought the manager out. I wanted to stay and observe but I had too much food waiting to go out. A random little old lady grabbed my arm.

OL: Don't you worry dear. You were nothing but a gentleman. Some people quite clearly shouldn't be allowed outside. I will back you up if I have to.

I thanked her and carried on. I caught little snippets of her arguement.

SC: I had to ask for you three times!!! That is unacceptable!

SC: I don't see it as a little mistake! This involves my CHILD. You don't make mistakes with my CHILD!

SC: Nothing will make this better! Not when it involves my CHILD.

SC: Perhaps some vouchers will make us feel better...
    Manager: And there it is!
    SC: What?
    Manager: Nothing. You're not getting any vouchers, and you're not getting anything for free. Go back to your table and calm down.
    SC: My food will be cold now!
    Manager: That's your doing. Also, you shouldn't leave your CHILD unattended.
    SC:

Random Old Lady started giggling.

SC: You're a horrible manager!
    Last edited by customersruinmylife; 08-09-2012, 10:08 PM.

Your manager is full of win!! I'm actually kind of glad she was just pulling a scam and wasn't actually that crazy and reproducing. Oy. I totally agree with your sweet old lady. Some people really shouldn't be allowed out!
    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Also,

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      SC: Nothing will make this better! Not when it involves my CHILD.
      "I'm sorry to hear that. Now you may take your child and get out. If there's nothing we can do to rectify the situation, I won't allow you to stay here and bother the other customers. Allow me to show you to the door."
      "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I just came off Facebook and I was looking for the like button.

Wow. I wonder what she'd have done if you'd actually injured her precious child?
        "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
          I just came off Facebook and I was looking for the like button.

Wow. I wonder what she'd have done if you'd actually injured her precious child?
          Demand that the op's firstborn be sacrificed to Cthulu, free meals for life, and $1 million in emotional damages???
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'm sorry to say, but I laughed uproariously at this!!! I'm sorry for the situation, but I could actually hear her stutter and say it! Terribly funny!

Comment

"If I want free stuff, all I have to do is shriek about they harmed my child! Everyone loves children, I'll just act like an employee ran her down with a bulldozer!"

Sorry honey, not everyone loves children. And I'm guessing very few people love you, either.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                Demand that the op's firstborn be sacrificed to Cthulu, free meals for life, and $1 million in emotional damages???
                Filth like that is not refined enough to know the glory of Lord C'thulu! How dare you blaspheme in such a manner!
                My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

CRML, you clearly need the water in your area tested for the stupidity or insanity germ. My goodness.

But oddly enough, I'm under enough allergy meds that I think I figured out her "real" issue. You set down an adult portion meal in front of her child and then took it away, thus denying the adult portions to her child! How DARE YOU MAKE SURE SHE GETS EXACTLY WHAT SHE PAID FOR?!

*ahem* Sorry about that. If you had left the plate in front of her precious, she'd have refused to pay for it on the grounds that it wasn't what she ordered. Plus, you had already caught the mistake and corrected it in far less time than it takes most places!

I'm glad your manager backed you up and called her on her scammy ways.
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Love your manager.

Wow, such a complaint, I can see the letter to corporate -

At your restaurant, I was quickly given my order, the server started to give my child a larger portion than I had paid for, but corrected himself and brought out the proper order in seconds, and was polite the entire time. He wasn't able to get the manager for me immediately because he was being polite and waiting for me to stop yelling & demanding rather than walk off mid-sentence. And when the manager did arrive in just a moment or two, he didn't give me vouchers and free food and kiss my feet for this ordeal of almost being given more than I paid for. I demand satisfaction!!11!!!

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

SC: I had to ask for you three times!!! That is unacceptable!
                      That's because she kept screaming when you tried saying you'd be back with the manager. If she'd shut her pie-hole for 5 seconds she'd have only had to ask once.
                      Manager: That's your doing. Also, you shouldn't leave your CHILD unattended.
                      pwnage!!

Comment

That's fantastic! Love your manager!
                        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                        What's the difference?
                        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Oh my goodness, how unbelievable!
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I think we all know who was the real "child" in this encounter.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

At least the child didn't wail an unconvincing and rehearsed cry like the last one.

Geez, I bet she was waiting years for something like this to happen and when that opportunity finally arose, she got to see it blow up in her face.
                              Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                              Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                              Fiancee: What?!
                              Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                              X