Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i attract another screamer (full of language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i attract another screamer (full of language)

the cast of characters:
    Me - Your underpaid wage slave
    CLG - Crazy Loud Guy. Started off loud, got worse as the call went on.

Me: Thank you for calling Scapegoat Cable, where your stupidity is my fault, this is Redbeard.
    CLG:: I WANT YOUR TV.
    Me: (under my breath "AAHH!" and turning down my headset as far as it will go) More than happy to help sir. Would we be setting up any other services today, internet or phone?
    CLG: NO!! I HAVE INTERNET, I JUST WANT YOUR TV!
    Me: More than happy to help ou there, sir, but if I could ask you to talk a bit more quietly, please?
    CLG: WHAT?! WHY?!
    Me: Sir, I need you to
    CLG: GODDMANIT, I WANT SOME FUCKING TV!!
    Me: YOU'RE BLOWING MY EARDRUMS OUT, PLEASE TONE IT DOWN. I'M WEARING A HEADSET AND YOU ARE CAUSING ME A LOT OF PAIN.
    CLG: THEN TURN DOWN YOUR HEADSET, ASSHOLE!
    Me: It's down all the way sir, if we can continue here I need you to tone it down a bit, PLEASE.
    CLG: FUCK YOU, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE! GIVE ME A LINE UP!
    Me: I have those for customers, it's true...
    CLG: I *AM* A CUSTOMER, YOU FUCKING MORON!!
    Me: Sir, please take a breath, I'm not here to be insulted, I'm trying to help you. I misunderstood you earlier, if I could have your address please?
    CLG: ADDRESS
    Me: Okay, and your name please?
    CLG: WOULD YOU SEND ME THE FUCKING INFORMATION?!?!
    Me: I will as soon as I can confirm that I have the right information here. Now, I need your name, PLEASE.
    CLG: VOLUME CONTROL IMPAIRED ASSHOLE. NOW SEND ME THE FUCKING INFORMATION!!! GOD DAMNIT, I AM SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF YOUR BULLSHIT, I'M NEVER GOING WITH THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING EVER AGAIN!!
    Me:Okay, so you do or do not want the information, sir? Because I can send it right
    CLG: (SCREAMING) SEND ME THE MOTHERFUCKING GODDAMN INFORMATION YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!! BLARGETY GARBLE AAAHH!!!! Me: Okay, I sent it out. You'll have it in 7-10 days.
    CLG: (STIL SCREAMING) FUCK!! BLARGETY BLARG GARBLE!!!! *click*
    Me:

That was just...I have no words. I'm almost hoping the call was recorded and used for quality control, so your bosses see what you put up with, maybe give you a commendation for it.

Guy may have been high. At my previous place, one of the neighbors, I don't know what he was using, but every so often, around 2 AM, he'd start BELLOWING at his girlfriend, loud enough to be heard all over the complex. Filthy language, too. Not good in a complex full of families with little kids.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      That was just...I have no words. I'm almost hoping the call was recorded and used for quality control, so your bosses see what you put up with, maybe give you a commendation for it.

Guy may have been high. (
      Oh, I've got a couple of those out there, I believe.

This guy wasn't high, I can tell drug asshole from just a plain abusive asshole, and this guy fell into the latter.

Comment

After him berating you with calling you asshole, and whatnot, that's when I would have hung up, and not put up with the abuse.

Comment

I am very thankful I work in an environment where someone gets abusive, or too loud on the phone, I am allowed to hang up on them. I rather LIKE my hearing, it is why I am always careful of my volume no matter what I'm listening to, headphones or no headphones.

If some jackass wants to attempt to ruin all my hard work to keep my hearing as sharp as I can... *CLICK-SLAM!*

If that happens again you might want to give your ears a break, just a minute or two should work.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

See I have volume control issues. If I get excited I tend to raise my voice. I'm not trying to yell, I just do it naturally. I am usually not aware of it.

The difference between myself, and your SC is that once someone tells me I'm too loud. I LOWER MY VOICE!!!! I mean, sometimes I lower it to a respectful volume and then slowly it rises again, but I try to be good about it.

Guy sounds like an abusive douchemuffin!
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth HeatherWolf View Post
              After him berating you with calling you asshole, and whatnot, that's when I would have hung up, and not put up with the abuse.
              Wish it were that easy. Unfortunately that's a good way to lose my job

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                See I have volume control issues. If I get excited I tend to raise my voice. I'm not trying to yell, I just do it naturally. I am usually not aware of it.

The difference between myself, and your SC is that once someone tells me I'm too loud. I LOWER MY VOICE!!!! I mean, sometimes I lower it to a respectful volume and then slowly it rises again, but I try to be good about it.
                Are we related ? I've always blamed it on being a family trait, as I do have relatives with the same problem. It definitely can be embarrasing.
                Hubby simply looks at me, and holds his hand out flat & brings it down a little, as in "lower the volume". Works, unless I just happen to be raising my voice cause I'm mad at him

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Jesus. Every time I read a post like this, it makes me grateful for my call center job. My managers can be assholes, but they have ZERO problem if we hang up on someone who is cussing us out or abusing us badly.

In fact, a guy abused a co-worker of mine last year. A prestigious basketball coach from a team we do travel for. Huge, money-making account. He was forced to call and apologize AND he's not allowed to call anymore. Every time he has to travel, someone else has to call and book it for him.

Sorry for the threadjack, Redbeard. And I'm sorry you have to put up with that horseshit.
                  Last edited by Peppergirl; 08-12-2012, 10:59 PM.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                    Are we related ? I've always blamed it on being a family trait, as I do have relatives with the same problem. It definitely can be embarrasing.
                    Hubby simply looks at me, and holds his hand out flat & brings it down a little, as in "lower the volume".
                    I've got a similar volume problem. Usually I speak normally, but I can get loud if I get enthusiastic about something. A gentle reminder like the "turn down the volume" gesture is all it takes to quiet me down, though.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                      Jesus. Every time I read a post like this, it makes me grateful for my call center job. My managers can be assholes, but they have ZERO problem if we hang up on someone who is cussing us out or abusing us badly.

In fact, a guy abused a co-worker of mine last year. A prestigious basketball coach from a team we do travel for. Huge, money-making account. He was forced to call and apologize AND he's not allowed to call anymore. Every time he has to travel, someone else has to call and book it for him.

Sorry for the threadjack, Redbeard. And I'm sorry you have to put up with that horseshit.
                      No worries. Fortunately these calls are far and few in between.

Comment

Quoth XCashier
                        I've got a similar volume problem. Usually I speak normally, but I can get loud if I get enthusiastic about something. A gentle reminder like the "turn down the volume" gesture is all it takes to quiet me down, though.
                        *raises her hand* Both roomie and I can be like this. :P
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I am the same way too. I blame my Italian heritage. However, saying "Hello" to me does not get me started.
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
                            No worries. Fortunately these calls are far and few in between.
                            Thank goodness for that, but it's still too bad your bosses demand that you just sit there and take it.

Comment

*Blush* My volume goes up if I'm talking excitedly as well. I don't realise I'm doing it. I do try and keep my volume down to a low roar once I've been asked, and I am always apologetic!
                              A customer did tell me off for being too loud once, too.
                              Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                              It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Working...
                              X